Audition City: Ottawa, ON
    Place of Birth: Ottawa, ON
    Nickname: "Belzy" or "Labeller"
    Identifies With: The Rolling Stones
    Musical Style: Puff Daddy / Nick Carter
    Canadian Idol: Shania Twain
    Favourite Song: Tequila Makes her Clothes Fall Off
    Motto: "We always go the distance."

"I'd like to see an established artist try and go through what we competitors go through. This competition is no joke. I wish people could see behind-the-scenes because it's nuts."

Chris Labelle got a second shot at fame when, as an alternate for the Top 22, he got called back weeks after he had been eliminated from the competition. "The best day of my life was when I got the call telling me that I was in the Top 22 and that I would get to perform in front of millions of people," he says.

A server at the Lieutenant's Pump in Ottawa, Chris is most proud of the fact that at age 24, he has never drank, smoked or done drugs, "I've always told everyone if I were to sign a record deal then that's when I will have my first shot and I'll probably be smashed," he says.

Chris is a huge fan of Team Canada, especially the women's hockey team. "The girls they rock...unstoppable." Chris loves to eat pogos, says he couldn't live without his Hotmail account and his favourite TV show is Deal or No Deal.

Chris mother has been the greatest inspiration in his life. "She's had it tough," he says. "She grew up with eight brothers and now she has three sons and my dad. We had to go out and buy her two female puppies so she had some girls in the house!"

Chris says he would love to meet Michael Jackson. "I'd like to see what's really going on in that head of his," he says. "I think a lot of people have him labeled as a certain person but I think he's really kind at heart."

The song title that best describes Chris? "Wild Thing," he says.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This guy is not the best singer....but he is the best showman. Has great energy on stage. Hate the hair, or lack thereof, but he stands out. Has personality that doesn't let you forget him. He'll be in for awhile.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

He has an amazing smile, eh?

Tossing the paper money around was a bit cheesy...was it an inside joke?

+ Reply to Thread