Audition City: St. John's, NL
    Place of Birth: St. John's, NL
    Nickname: "Jonesie" and "B"
    Musical Style: Pop Rock / Acoustic
    Identifies With: Jacob Hoggard and Rex Goudie
    Canadian Idol: Jacob Hoggard
    Favourite Song: "Can't say."
    Motto: "Be true to yourself - work hard and achieve your dreams."

"Image is a huge thing and to show my personality, my passion in performing and just how much I want to be singing will be exciting for me each week."

Brandon is tremendously proud of his hometown and the generosity and support they have given him in reaching his dreams. "Canadian Idol is important because it gives us small town people a chance to be heard by Canadians and potentially make a career in the field that we love," he says.

A Grade Eleven student at Kennebecasis Valley High School, Brandon placed second in the Saint John Idol competition. Brandon thanks his family for all of their support thus far through the competition. "I know for a fact that I couldn't have made it this far without them." He especially thanks his mother and says, "she has always pushed me to achieve the best I can."

Brandon can't survive without his guitar and iPod. "Music is a big part of my life and I use these items every single day." He has also created his own white cheddar powdered popcorn which is his favourite food. Singing, skateboarding, the Calgary Flames and The Family Guy are also some of his favourite things.

If he could meet one person it would be Oprah Winfrey. "She always stands up for what she believes in, always encourages others and continuously helps others."

Brandon wants the Canadian Idol audience to know that "I am just what you see: a plain, down-to-earth average teenager, who had a dream of singing and performing, worked hard and took chances."

The song title that best describes him? "Born to be Wild," he says.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=idol2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Automatic top 10.

Was born in NF and lives in NB. Double the voting block.

...he look so young

He looks like he's only 14 =/. not sure if he'll make it. Braces does kinda make it harder to talk doesnt it?

I only have one thing to say: TAKE OFF THE HAT! You're not Rex Goudie. You're not Sexy Rexy. TAKE OFF THE HAT!

The only hat that works on stage for me is when it's a Cowboy Hat....preferably black.

I agree. Get rid of the hat.

Losing the hat did not help this guy last night

Terrible. Awful. What was he thinking with that song choice. Truly showed off that he isn't meant to continue in with this group of talent.

Must go. Now. Next.

I didn't think he was bad as the judge - whatever his name is - made him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    I didn't think he was bad as the judge - whatever his name is - made him out to be.
    The judge's name is Jake. I totally agree with you. His performance wasn't all that great, but to call it pathetic and atrocious was just over the top. Sometimes I don't know what's going on in Jake's head.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread