Place of Birth: Calgary, AB
    Nickname: "Alligator" or "Alley Cat"
    Sounds Like: Ani Difranco
    Identifies With: Alanis Morissette
    Musical Style: Power and Angst
    Canadian Idols: "My parents."
    Favourite Song: Wish You Were Here
    Motto: "Be"

"I know that I was meant to be in this competition because I have met the most amazing people and have never felt so much more in my element."

For Alyssa, creating music on her guitar has been her greatest accomplishment in her life. "It felt like such a huge accomplishment to me moving my future career in music forward," she says.

A Grade Eleven student at Bishop Carroll High School, Alyssa would not be able to live without being able to sing or dance. "I need to be able to either sing or dance to express myself and feel my surroundings. I would be lost without those two abilities."

Ani Difranco is someone that Alyssa would love to meet. "She has this angst and this passion that I have never been able to compare to anyone else," she says.

Alyssa would also like to follow in the footsteps of Alanis Morissette. Alyssa feels that Morissette was smart for using pop songs as a way of starting her music career. "Once she felt comfortable in the industry she made the switch to introducing her own songs."

Alyssa's favourite foods include peanut butter and banana on toast, sushi and big bowls of cereal. She loves watching Romeo and Juliet, Moulin Rouge and The Simpsons. "I cheer for the Calgary Flames but I love The Toronto Maple Leafs because they were my Papa's favourite before he died," she says.

Alyssa would love to see Led Zeppelin. She loves every Zeppelin tune and seeing them would be a highlight for Alyssa. "Too bad John Bonham isn't alive anymore."

http://www.ctv.ca/mini/idol2006/static/top212.html
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:03 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Oh oh. Not so good. This girl is in trouble. And everyone knows it now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I find her a bit weird, I'm not a fan.

+ Reply to Thread