Audition City: Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
    Place of Birth: Edmonton, AB
    Nickname: "'Lisha"
    Musical Style: "Original."
    Identifies With: Madonna
    Canadian Idol: Bryan Adams
    Favourite Song: "Don't have one."
    Motto: "Live your dreams."

"I'm surprised at how many friends I made at Canadian Idol in such a short amount of time and how supportive everyone is."

The biggest life accomplishment for Alisha thus far was performing at the Michael Cuccione Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research. "It was amazing to be able to use my talent to help out such a worthy cause," she says. "Music has always been a huge part of my life. Singing is a way of expressing myself and to share my love of it with others is what gives me the most joy."

Alisha feels that her family is definitely her biggest supporter. "They have always supported me 100 per cent. They even moved so that I could get the opportunity to advance my singing career." Alisha also loves how supportive her community in Kitchener is with regards to supporting hometown talent.

Alisha works in a shoe store but is also a student at Humber College where she studies creative advertising. She loves to dance, sketch, write lyrics and music, play guitar and piano.

She also enjoys watching movies, of which her favourites are Pirates of the Caribbean and The Phantom of the Opera. She also enjoys American Idol, The Family Guy, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Spongebob Squarepants. The Edmonton Oilers are Alisha's favourite team.

Edwin's "Alive" is the song that best describes Alisha. Elton John's "Believe" touches her the most. She says, "It always depends on my mood. A song will touch me more if I can relate to it because of something I feel at that moment."

Alisha feels that Canadian Idol is important because it allows Canadian performers and artists the chance to entertain the Canadian audience while demonstrating their talents.
    http://www.ctv.ca/mini/idol2006/static/top212.html
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:03 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    you didn't get to see much of her singing on the show so she doesn't have a huge fan base yet but i listened to her sing on the link they had on ctv.ca and she is AMAZING i'm thinking she is deffinately a contender

Alisha is my best-friend's cousin. She is very talented and sweet too. She definitely has a 'stage family' though. (Think Stage Mom and you'll understand! )

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

WOW!!! This girl can sing!!!!!

She's got talent, she's got the looks, she's got the confidence. I think she will continue to do well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread