+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/20 show discussion

FORT Fanatic

6/20 show discussion

I hope it's alright to start a thread when you aren't a moderator, but the show is done for the evening and no one seems to have done anything thus far so I thought I'd try. I just finished watching it on tape and found it enjoyable even if they squeezed the whole of hell week into just two hours.

The show began with the planes arriving from various parts of Canada and Elena Juatco welcoming everyone. The people from each province stood behind their provincial flags cheering as they arrived and poor Noel from NWT had to hold his flag and cheer alone.

FORT Fanatic
    Once everyone had arrived by plane, bus or train, they were taken to the hotel where it seems like they must have taken over just about completely. They all had bracelets put on their arms,were handed a schedule and it was down to work.

ON the first day they sent people out in lines of about 12 at a time. They had to be very energetic in introducing themselves to show they really wanted to be there and got to song solo. All the contestants waiting back stage could see it on tv screens and hear all the judges comments. They immediately began cutting people. I believe they had to cut at least 89 people that first day.

FORT Fanatic
    Hi Guide 54:

I was here for over an hour tonight and only a few people poped in and no threads appeared. Thanks for starting one. I thought the show was great and funny. The little girl with the long name is in and I hope that she does well. There are some very good singers in this one and the decisions are going to be difficult, don't you think?

I was wondering if I was the only one watching it as no one started a thread. I am glad that they didn't prolong the whole competition like they used to, they cut to the chase and we now know the finale 22. Although that one guy reminds me of Constantine from last years American Idol. I like the one blonde girl, Ashley I think her name is.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty2004 View Post
    Hi Guide 54:

I was here for over an hour tonight and only a few people poped in and no threads appeared. Thanks for starting one. I thought the show was great and funny. The little girl with the long name is in and I hope that she does well. There are some very good singers in this one and the decisions are going to be difficult, don't you think?

Oh yes - that's Steffi DiDomenicantonio. I don't know what you think, but they seemed to show far more of a storyline for most of the guys tonight. I was pretty sure from early on that the girl who's step-mom was having heart surgery was going to be in and also the French girl who sang "smile" but quite a few of the girls didn't look overly familiar to me and I was surprised to see the red-head from London go.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I that one guy reminds me of Constantine from last years American Idol.

That's exactly what I thought - but not so smarmy (I liked Constantine, I really did, but this guy is better and looks much more fit in the bargain).

FORT Fanatic

top 22 - the males

Maybe everyone is over on the official CTV forum discussing things, but I like it better here, so I hope more people start participating.

The male finalists are:
    -Nathan Brown, 26, Dewberry, Alta., recording artist/studio engineer/ producer/songwriter - off the top of my head - I don't even remember who this guy is

-Chad Doucette, 17, East Chezzetcook, N.S., student -Sheldon Elter, 27, Edmonton, Alta., actor/construction worker - can't say his name rings bells either

-Rob James, 28, Winnipeg, songwriter/producer - he was apparently a semi success back around 2000 with a band called McPherson and James. I don't remember him at all (and I'm certainly old enough to) - he's not too bad, but wasn't the best of the men

-Brandon Jones, 17, Quispamsis, N.B., high school student - Brandon muffed his words abit on his duet song (you take my breath away), but it didn't seem to matter as the judges loved what he and his partner did with it. They commented that one of them had a really distinct sound - I wasn't sure whether they were referring to him or her or both. Whatever - I really liked his voice in spite of the mistake - it impressed me. he didn't look like he would have a voice like that.

-Jeremy (Koz) Koz, 26, Winnipeg, singer/songwriter/actor - Jeremy is the Constantine but better look-alike

-Chris Labelle, 24, Ottawa, server - I think he must have still been wearing his hat in this episode. I remember his name, but don't really remember him. He got in at the last minute when someone else withdrew for reasons of family emergency or something

-Tyler Lewis, 19, Rockglen, Sask., Waiter - I think I know who this guy is and I somehow think he wasn't a unanimous choice of the judges. His duet wasn't great but his early stuff had been good

-Keith Macpherson, 27, Winnipeg, musician/singer/songwriter - Keith is a red-head who certainly didn't seem to be lacking in confidence

-Greg Neufeld, 22, Abbotsford, B.C., house framer - I just can't put a face with this name

-Craig Sharpe, 16, Upper Island Cove, N.L., singer/songwriter - Craig was quite visible throughout the show, but you didn't really get a feel for his voice till he reach the duet part and he seemed to wow the judges. He reminds me a bit of another Canadian singer-songwriter - Roy Forbes (aka Bim). He has a very high voice - not really a falsetto but almost as if he hadn't gone through a voice change.

FORT Fanatic

top 22 - the females

The female finalists are:

-Eva Avila, 19, Hull, Que., postal clerk/beauty consultant - they didn't focus on her much in the auditions but I think it was her last solo that blew me away and I wondered where she had come from so suddenly.

-Ashley Coles, 16, Caledonia, Ont., student/musician - I think Ashley is the one who did a duet with Brandon that blew the judges away. She did have a powerful voice.

-Ashley Coulter, 23, Emeryville, Ont., cashier - she's the girl who's step mom was having heart surgery. She had a nice voice and I wasn't surprised she made it in.

-Steffi D (DiDomenicantonio), 17, Orleans, Ont., student - I remember her mainly for her name and clean-cut look and the naivete she projected in early auditions

-Kati Durst, 26, Goderich, Ont., automotive detailer - I remember her story from auditions. Goderich is probably best known (musically)for it's Celtic festival each year. She didn't blow me away hear, but I'm curious what kind of songs she will do. I suspect she may have been exposed alot to the Celtic tradition in the kitchen party atmosphere she's been involved in.

-Valerie Jalbert, 21, Saint-Jerome, Que., singer/music teacher - she made top 32 on her last try and I, don't know but I think she was maybe a little surprised to make top 22 this time.

-Alyssa Klazek, 17, Calgary, Alta., high school student - I really don't remember this girl.

-Sarah Loverock, 25, Gibsons, B.C., grocery store supervisor - I remember hearing her name pop up in judges discussions, but I don't remember her

-Alisha Nauth, 19, Kitchener, Ont., student - I don't remember her from auditions at all.

-Anna-Bella Oliva, 20, Montreal, singer - she's the blonde who sang smile. She sounds a bit ike Celine Dion - must be that English spoken with a French accent. Her voice seemed very clear but I'm not sure I'd want to vote for her week after week

-Nancy Silverman, 19, Thornhill, Ont., music theatre student - Nancy was rather wacky and different and the judges seemed to eat it up. She reminded me a bit of Elena Juatco when she competed but not so hyper. Vocally she reminded me a bit of Alanis Morisette

FORT Fogey
    Nathan is amazing! I remember him back from Popstars, i hope he wins the whole thing.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Siso View Post
    Nathan is amazing! I remember him back from Popstars, i hope he wins the whole thing.
    I've gone and looked at his picture and I remember him now. He's the one that the judges didn't remember coming to the first audition isn't he?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast