+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/20 show discussion

may
    FORT Regular
    There was this girl from Ottawa, spoke with an accent that I believe was African, after she sang and got a standing ovation from the three male judges. And yet she did not make it to the final 22. In fact, she got cut in an earlier round.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by may View Post
    There was this girl from Ottawa, spoke with an accent that I believe was African, after she sang and got a standing ovation from the three male judges. And yet she did not make it to the final 22. In fact, she got cut in an earlier round.

Yes I remember her - she was so happy to be in Canada and to be allowed to audition for CI. The words of the song she chose reflected that and she sang it with real heart. Everyone applauded her, but I don't remember seeing her again in any of the later auditions.

may
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by guide54 View Post
    Yes I remember her - she was so happy to be in Canada and to be allowed to audition for CI. The words of the song she chose reflected that and she sang it with real heart. Everyone applauded her, but I don't remember seeing her again in any of the later auditions.

That's why I found the CI is so disappointing this year. Some of the top 22, in my opinion are only scream their way through. There is no particular one stands out so far and I can only remember this girl who did not make it to the top 22. This Ottawa girl (or African girl if we really have to specify) sang so well and got the only standing ovation from the judges, then she disappeared.

I thought the red head Jenn or whatever her name was is really good, definitely thought she'd make the top 22. Disappointed she didn't because I would have liked to see what she could have done.

I enjoyed last nights show.

I love how they didn't drag it out, and did all the cuts in 2 episodes!

I'm pretty impressed with the top 22....I think it will be a great season!
    I like both Ashley's....as for the guys...not one really stuck out. I liked the young kid that sang with the one Ashley during the duet...

I have such a hard time remembering who was who. I swear I need to have a pen and paper when I watch the show so I remember the names.

Which guy was it that had to drop out?? I wish they would have put up a pic when Ben announced it at the end of the show.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Has anyone read or heard why Philip King had to drop out??

It's too bad as he was good and I liked him.

Also if anyone watching Jeopardy last night you would have found out who the Top 22 were before the show was even on as CTV played next week's commercial showing the top 11 guys and girls. It was obviously a commercial they meant for next week as it said something about which of these top 11 guys will make it through - watch the performances tonight on CI.
    I wasn't really paying attention to the commercial as it was one of those have the TV on but doing something else things. But when they started mentioning names etc I looked up. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Alisha Nauth is my best friend's cousin. She wasn't featured during the initial auditions and was only shown as one of the gold ticket holders at that time. She was shown quite a bit last night though so I figured she was going to be one of the top 11.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=march;1940144]Has anyone read or heard why Philip King had to drop out??

[QUOTE]

I understand that it was due to family commitments but haven't read or heard anything more specific. I was reading one article in the Winnipeg Sun (online) that said that Nathan Roger's, the son of the late Stan Rogers and nephew to Garnet Roger's had received a gold ticket to Toronto. I didn't see him at all in the show last night and he has an absolutely incredible voice - very powerful. I would have thought he would be a shoo-in. He's also a great singer/songwriter. I had the privilege of seeing him in a concert in Ontario at the end of January and all who heard him were wowed. If you haven't ever heard of him, you can google and listen to samples from his cd.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by guide54 View Post
    I've gone and looked at his picture and I remember him now. He's the one that the judges didn't remember coming to the first audition isn't he?

That guy was very good. I think that he was the one who got a lesson from the judges during the auditions. They made him sing the song without the extended... dragged out... lengthy... added on... notes at the end of almost every word. This is one of the things that I hated about the second place guy in CI #1 (Beals I think his name is). He learned his lesson well and I hope that he does well in the competition also.

FORT Fan
    Those of us in Gibsons will certainly be cheering for Sarah regardless of the outcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast