+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    For some reason I found the garbage-can chucking less offensive than Jake's tantrum.
    Yeah. Me too.
    I really liked the kid with the braces and the funny-looking one with the long curly hair and glasses.
    I mentioned in my recap that Jordan Robitaille, the long haired kid, looked spookily like Theresa Sokyrka. Here's a picture http://i5.tinypic.com/122cj87.jpg that shows just how much he does!

Jordan Robitaille, the long haired kid, looked spookily like Theresa Sokyrka
    So that's the reason why I took an instant dislike to him.

I found the can chucking less offensive too.
    Probably because I think Zack is a very passionate guy and after hearing so many poor auditions I felt like chucking something as well.
    He seemed much for genuine than Jake.

Jake seemed to really over react.
    Sure, Farley was a bit dismissive of his opinion, but his reaction was ridiculous from where I was sitting.

I just reread my post above.
    I really am the world's worst typist

Here's an article where the judges respond to all the criticism of their outbursts and try to explain themselves. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...ol2006&no_ads=
    Gold says
    "Sometimes Zack can come off as his opinion is the only one that counts," said Gold. "It's another thing to tell me (he knows) what (my) opinion is too. Don't put words in my mouth. I don't like when someone tries to tell me what I'm thinking."
    Jake, maybe if you quit blustering long enough you'd be able to hear what someone else's opinion is, and we could too. We are interested in hearing someone else besides you, you big old buffoon!
    And then he says about Farley
    "He was getting really, really loud and standing up and taking off his mic like he was trying to intimidate me.
    Look at the tape Jake. You were the one that was being loud and obnoxious before Farley got into it!

FORT Fan
    I think the kid who sang God Bless the Broken Road will make it into the top ten at least. His age will probably go against him tho.

Sass about the other 3 judges:

"Their battery never runs out. They're long winded and they never shut up."
    LOL

That was one of the more interesting audition episodes I've ever seen.

Traditionally, I hate this stage. Bad singers, worse singers, good singer, gold ticket. Lather, rinse, repeat. It was really refreshing to see Farley & Zack go out and actually warn them. I think they were probably fed up with the crap quality of singers that had been passed through just to get on TV. And they are right... Southern Ontario has a dense population, so you'd THINK that they'd produce a few good singers. The only one I can really remember in recent years is Aaron. Ryan doesn't count since he's further north in Kingston and, not really that good.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I really enjoyed tonight's show! A few bad ones, but a lot more interesting singers WITH some talent! I really liked that JD guy. What a cutie. And the audio "It's raining men!" Gotta love that. I also really was impressed that the judges gave some really good criticism. Besides "take off the hat". I think that goes a long way even if that person doesn't make it to the finals.

Looked like good people from Ottawa and the Maritimes! I imagined that Montreal would have a few strange entries, but I really liked that girl who dressed strange with the bow in her hair. Winnipeg should have had some wicked rockers. I'm surprised that there were no real country artists that stood out. We should have seen them in the shows from the West, but I don't remember any.

Looks like there could be some great competition. I was worried after the first couple of shows. Didn't look like much talent anywhere.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    but I really liked that girl who dressed strange with the bow in her hair.
    I thought that this girl was really going to be bad, probably because I was detecting a very strong accent in her speaking voice. I was very mistaken. she really performed well and with no accent in her singing. I hope she goes far in the competition.

BTW Looking forward to watching the show with you all this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123