+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
    How was Newfoundland? Some scary boarders are raving about two 16 years old from there but we know the Newfies will rave about almost anyone!
    I'm not sure, I'm flicking between this and the hockey
    I'm not sure where they were auditioning before T.O.

Looks like a cross between Eric Stolz and Mike Commodore.
    Did he have the crazy red hair?

Did he have the crazy red hair?
    Yep
    Shoulder length.
    I was going to liken him to Carrot Top, but that's too much of an insult as the kid had quite a nice face

A girl called Amanda just got through from T.O.
    Just 17, sang "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?"
    Nice voice.
    Good tone.

The judges have made up and are singing "That's What Friends Are For."

Jake goes ballistic
    I don't think this is going to improve my opinion of Jake. I already think he's a big blowhard buffoon and it sounds like he's living up to my expectations.

FORT Fogey
    Jake is an idiot.

I hate him.

Really, i do.

I really liked the New Brunswick kid with the braces who went to Nfld (?) to audition. He looked like a total spaz, but he had a great sound. Funny kid...he told them he was playing a nerd in his high school musical. Anyway, he was the only one who stood out.

I think the judges were getting pissed off so many sub-par singers made it through to sing for them. I agree, you could the producers were just looking for funny/controversial video footage.
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

I really have to move my computer into the same room as my tv so I can comment as the show goes on. I miss out on all the fun!

I had to recuperate from tonight's hockey game. We lost. And our goalie is injured.

Back to the show:

Jake is a dufus. Royally. And I was surprised how Zack got his shorts into a knot over Farley. And the real show hasn't even started yet! They must be soooooooooo bored with bad singers. But really, it's incredibly rude to throw a garbage can at any one. Bad singer or not. Just plain rude and childish.

There were a few weird characters tonight too. Not too many great singers. I hope they're savings them for the real show. Mind you, I was on the phone half the time and couldnt' hear them all. I did like the hockey-playing farmer at the beginning. That's pretty darn Canadian.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
    I really liked the New Brunswick kid with the braces who went to Nfld (?) to audition. He looked like a total spaz, but he had a great sound. Funny kid...he told them he was playing a nerd in his high school musical. Anyway, he was the only one who stood out.

I think the judges were getting pissed off so many sub-par singers made it through to sing for them. I agree, you could the producers were just looking for funny/controversial video footage.
    I liked him too. He's only 16 but had a very smooth sound to his voice. I preferred him to the blonde who sang the country tune (much though I love that particular tune).

Are contestants given a choice of songs they must choose from? I was surprised to hear that Momma song twice.

Why insult?

How was Newfoundland? Some scary boarders are raving about two 16 years old from there but we know the Newfies will rave about almost anyone!

Real nice.......
    You 'know' I love a good funeral. I prefer 'em to weddings. You don't have to pretend you're hoping for a happy ending!' - Blanche Hunt

For some reason I found the garbage-can chucking less offensive than Jake's tantrum. I'm also a little disappointed that Farley didn't finish taking off his shirt.

I really liked the kid with the braces and the funny-looking one with the long curly hair and glasses. For lack of a better way of describing them - sorry, kids. They stood out among a very sorry group of hopefuls last night. I'm disappointed in the poor showing from the prairies, considering Saskatoon has had 2 top 10 performers in the last two seasons.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast