+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You Can Watch Canadian Idol outside of Canada Now

You Can Watch Canadian Idol outside of Canada Now

Americans and others can now watch CI on line at http://www.ctv.ca/

Click on Broadband Video.

If anyone watches it, post and let us know what you think.

I don't think they're broadcasting the show that is on CTV tonight. I think they've got highlights from last week's episode. I couldn't get the player to load properly but from what I saw I think it's last week's highlights you can view on the web. If someone got the player to load can you let us know what they're showing.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien View Post
    I don't think they're broadcasting the show that is on CTV tonight. I think they've got highlights from last week's episode. I couldn't get the player to load properly but from what I saw I think it's last week's highlights you can view on the web. If someone got the player to load can you let us know what they're showing.
    I didn't even try it as my computer is so old and slow, but that's too bad if it isn't the actual show. So many Americans and Australians have mentioned they'd like to see it.

I finally did manage to get the player to load and it's a highlights tape of episode one. There's no web broadcasting of tonight's show at the CTV.ca site.

I think they delay the broadcast until after the show has finished airing. I could be wrong though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    American here.. I just tried it, and I get a screen that says in big letters..

"Sorry, but you have selected content that is available to Canadian residents, only" and then there's a button I can push to get a newsclip instead. ROFLMAO. DANG! I thought this was a great idea.. I mean I'd like the whole show, but highlights, I could live with.

I'll post this info with a big qualification this time. I haven't tried it so don't know if it works but it might be worth a shot.

For anyone who wants to watch Canadian Idol in the USA go to www.ctv.ca and click on TV on Demand. The full episodes are uploaded there.

+ Reply to Thread