+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CI / AI comparison

Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Tamyra Grey and R.J. Helton have released albums. In season two we had Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kimberly Locke, Joshua Gracin, Corey Clark and Vanessa Olivarez all had C.D' s out. In season three there were albums from Fantasia, Diana Degarmo and John Stevens. Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice’s turn came next and Taylor Hicks and Melissa McGhee have just recently released albums. They also heavily promote the American Idols by giving them a tour. Kelly Clarkson recently had won Grammy awards. In contrast nobody hears about Ryan Malcolm or any of the season one Canadian Idol contestants anymore. The reason for this might be because Simon Fuller, Clive Davis and 19 production spend a lot of time and money promoting the American Idol contestants because they can make them more money than the Canadian Idol counterparts.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 09-05-2006 at 02:41 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef View Post
    The reason for this might be because Simon Fuller, Clive Davis and 19 production spend a lot of time and money promoting the American Idol contestants because they can make them more money than the Canadian Idol counterparts.
    Yeah, well, in a market place ten times bigger than Canada, it's a pretty safe assumption that they can make more money. And AI the show, and the contestants, and all their cd's are allowed into the Canadian market too, whereas the Canadians don't have reciprocal rights. They're kept out by 19E.

I think the CI crowd has produced some of the best talent in all of the Idol programs. In fact here is how I would rate the top 10 North American Idols:

1 - Kalan Porter
    2 - Carrie Underwood
    3 - Kelly Clarkson
    4 - Clay Aiken
    5 - Eva Avila (go girl!)
    6 - Fantasia Barrino
    7 - Theresa Sokyrka
    8 - Jacob Hoggard
    9 - Chris Daughtry
    10 - Diana Degarmo

Just my personal opinion...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I think the CI crowd has produced some of the best talent in all of the Idol programs. In fact here is how I would rate the top 10 North American Idols:

1 - Kalan Porter
    2 - Carrie Underwood
    3 - Kelly Clarkson
    4 - Clay Aiken
    5 - Eva Avila (go girl!)
    6 - Fantasia Barrino
    7 - Theresa Sokyrka
    8 - Jacob Hoggard
    9 - Chris Daughtry
    10 - Diana Degarmo

Just my personal opinion...
    Gosh, it would hurt my head too much to go through five seasons of AI and four seasons of CI and pick a top 10, but I'd have the same name as you do at the top! And I totally agree, CI has had some wonderful talent on its shows, every bit as good as the bigger flashier AI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123