+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sass Jordan - Judge

Sass Jordan - Judge

Juno Award-winning artist Sass Jordan is an internationally recognized singer/songwriter who has sold over one million CDs worldwide.

Her discography includes a collection of five releases beginning with Tell Somebody in 1988 and most recently a compilation entitled Sass... The Best of Sass Jordan, released in August 2003.

"Sass is a star and she knows what it takes," said Canadian Idol Executive Producer John Brunton. "Vibrant and vivacious, she feels it, she knows it and she's not afraid to show it."

Winner of Billboard's Best Female Rock Vocalist award, the bilingual Montrealer has toured and/or worked with many music heavyweights, including Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Carlos Santana, and Joe Cocker.

In 1992, Jordan performed a duet with Joe Cocker for the soundtrack of the motion picture The Bodyguard, starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner, which sold more than 27 million copies worldwide.

Her songs have been featured on numerous television shows, including Melrose Place, Party Of Five, Baywatch and Knightrider.

Jordan often sings at various sports events, including hockey games at Madison Square Garden and the L.A. Forum, and in 2003 sang the Canadian National Anthem at the NBA All-Star Jam.

Jordan was one of the featured artists for the 2001 Grey Cup Halftime Show in Montreal. She also performed at the 2003 SARS relief concert in Toronto - sharing the bill with the legendary Rolling Stones.

Jordan is also an accomplished actress, who starred in the lead role of Janis Joplin in the off-Broadway hit, "Love Janis."

Jordan has guest starred on NBC's Sisters and was featured in the Toronto and Winnipeg productions of "The Vagina Monologues."

Currently, she is working on her sixth album set for release this fall with Maple Music.

The Toronto Sun had an interesting article that quoted each of the judges. http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...12098&call_pag eid=968867495754&col=969483191 630 I'll post the quote from each of the judges in their respective threads.
    Sass Jordan: Aligning the Sassiverse With the Quirks of Television

Quote: "I am more of a well-oiled machine."

1. Sass, what can we expect from you this season?

Having been a complete neophyte and novice in the television world, I feel that now I have a better footing. I realize it's television and not a concert situation any more. I think I'm somewhat less patient in a lot of ways as far as (dealing with) pure crap from the competitors. On the other hand, when I really like something now I understand it better from the whole point of view as opposed to just in the emotional moment. The other thing you can expect from me? Longer hair.

2. What can we expect from the show this season?

What makes it different every year are the competitors. And this year we have what appears to be a Top 22 that's very eclectic, interesting and probably the most exciting for me, musically speaking.
    Sass, we've been touting you as the 'non-Paula'. Don't let us down now! Longer hair. Sheesh.

Sass was looking really good last Monday.

I love Sass (my Racine CD is worn right out). The first season was really shaky, but I think she's now firmly established as the anti-Paula.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I love Sass (my Racine CD is worn right out). The first season was really shaky, but I think she's now firmly established as the anti-Paula.
    I'd agree she is most of the time. She still drinks magic potion from her cup and be stupid once in awhile, and she needs to keep her hormones in check, but overall, I really like her. The thing is, she probably has the most to contribute of any of them. She totally knows what it's like to get up on stage and sing, and when she offers her comments, complimentary or otherwise, they come from a place of knowledge and experience, which is more than you can say about some of the other judges. *cough*JakeGold*cough*
    Last edited by Ogopogo; 06-01-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    ...when she offers her comments, complimentary or otherwise, they come from a place of knowledge and experience, which is more than you can say about some of the other judges. *cough*JakeGold*cough*

I always like Sass. She's got style and personality and experience. She tends to recognize potential very well and is fun to watch on the panel. And of course, she's the ONLY girl. What's with that? I'm sure they could find another woman with talent to replace, like, at least ONE of the men there?

cough, cough, Zack Werner? cough cough choke
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Well, at least the contestants know that Sass will be a fair judge and be interested. She won't whine like a spoiled brat, throw things around the stage, leave the panel when she feels threatened by one of the boys, or do stupid acts like move furniture and things around.

I did enjoy the NOT letters from TORONTO. That was cute and pretty non-violent. That kind of fun is ok. Just not angry stuff.

Sass seems to be the only judge that actually offers some good criticism, positive or negative to each singer, every single time. I like that. I'd also listen to what she has to say. Unlike one or two of the other judges

I like how she follows up negative comments with something positive. Why shred someone when everyone is out there giving their best shot?

+ Reply to Thread