+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Gold - Judge

It started when Zack asked the kid, very nicely, if he knew any songs with melody and Jake immediately blustered 'oh c'mon'. Farley agreed with Zack and said 'yeah I wouldn't mind another one' and Jake kept up with the 'oh c'mon' Farley tried, nicely, to explain 'he's cool, we love him, but the point is, he's not a very good singer' Jake immediately stands up and starts gesticulating and ranting 'I'm a yes, she's (Sass) a yes, he's not going to get tossed. This guys got more personality than half the people we've put through in the whole country.' Farley says 'yeah, but he's still gotta be able to sing' and Zack says 'siddown' and motions resignedly to the kid to come get his ticket. He does, and gives Jake a hug while Farley is trying to explain to him 'you deliver wonderfully, you know, but you don't have the greatest voice. That's the problem. We wanted to hear you sing another song with melody to see what your potential was over all.' Jake is muttering away as Farley continues 'but our buddy here, with his great love for you, couldn't see that.' Jake blusters 'that's so not f---in true' and picks up his papers in a snit while Farley says 'what are you swearing for?' and Jake says 'I'm so pissed off, I'm so f---in pissed off' and tears off his microphone and starts storming off. Farley stands up menacingly and starts taking his mic off too and yells 'what are ya gonna do about being pissed off, what are ya gonna do' while Jake starts throwing chairs around. Farley yells 'you're a tough guy Jake, you're walkin away from your problems' Jake yells something back as he's storming out and Farley says '-----(?) with me, you're walkin in the wrong direction' and sits down and says (of Jake) 'all talk, all talk all the time'

There ya go, blow by blow! It was very childish and stupid and you didn't miss much.

Jake is a tool.

His comment that Brandon's Queen performance last night was "pathetic" was off base.

I'm not a huge Canadian Idol fan (even though I'm Canadian), and my first thoughts were: Jake who? Zack who? Farley who? Sass who? Oh yeah, Sass had the odd single on the radio ages ago. The garbage can throwing incident was hilarious. Bunch of dolts.

Salty! I agree that some of these judges aren't the best to judge, but I think that even though Zack's comment was totally harsh at best, Brandon just stabbed himself with a knife with that song choice. Did not have the pipes or the personality to pull it off. And to try that so early in the game,.....not good.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Jake's credibility as a judge went down the tubes...."pathetic" isn't helpful at all. Why not tell the kid the song was too big for him and it wasn't that great. He was trying. Save "pathetic" for the contestants that come in wearing a costume, juggling and singing at the same time. Know what I mean? Anyway, thanks for your comments, misskitty.

I dunno, I cringe when I see these judges...they act so immature.

Hey Salty! I just mixed up Jake and Zack. See other thread. Both not helpful with their comments though. I totally agree!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    Jake's credibility as a judge went down the tubes...."pathetic" isn't helpful at all. Why not tell the kid the song was too big for him and it wasn't that great. He was trying. Save "pathetic" for the contestants that come in wearing a costume, juggling and singing at the same time. Know what I mean? Anyway, thanks for your comments, misskitty.

I dunno, I cringe when I see these judges...they act so immature.
    I totally agree with everything you said. The judges are there partly so they can give constructive critisism to these contestants. Simply calling a performance "pathetic" and "atrocious", and leaving it at that, isn't helpful at all. Instead, he could actually help this guy out by suggesting areas for improvement. Jake is my least favourite judge by far.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12