+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elena Juatco - Roving Reporter

Elena Juatco - Roving Reporter

Elena Juatco, Canadian Idol Alumnus, has signed on as the new Roving Reporter for Canadian Idol's fourth season. Just in time for the launch of the 2006 Canadian Idol Audition Tour, the Wild Card performer that sang her way to sixth place in Season Two brings her energy, enthusiasm and first-hand Canadian Idol knowledge to the series. Reporting from coast to coast, Juatco will be a beam of support for the competitors as they journey through the competition.

"I am thrilled to work with the 'Bentastic' Ben Mulroney and wonderful production team in the upcoming fourth season of Canadian Idol," says Juatco. "It's the best summer job I can think of!"

Born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Elena now resides in Kingston, Ontario where she is in her third year at Queen's University as a Drama major and Women's Studies minor. This past Christmas, Juatco starred alongside Seán Cullen as Snow White in Ross Petty's wildly successful Snow White and the Group of Seven at the Elgin Theatre in Toronto. Her latest performance was as Emmanuelle in the Queen's Drama production, Variations on X and Why We Float (Why Love and Acting Go Together), a piece using and devised in response to texts by Tim Etchells for Forced Entertainment. Other roles at Queen's University include "The Woman Who Liked to Make Vaginas Happy" in The Vagina Monologues (2004), The Referee in Never Swim Alone (2004), and roles in several shows by Queen's Players, a comedy-sketch troupe of which she is Vice-President. As an avid Feminist, she also emceed and performed in Kingston's Take Back the Night rally in 2005 to protest violence against women

I see no reason whatsoever for this show to have a roving reporter.
    Mercifully for me, her screen time was kept to a minimum on Monday as I really don't like her.

I guess she is Jon Dore's replacement? I thought she was restrained - a little TOO restrained - on Monday's show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yes she is.
    I found Jon funny in small doses and thought he and Ben worked really well together at times.
    He bought out the funny in ben.
    I can't see Elena doing that.
    I just didn't see the need for her to be there at all.
    Did we need to know how or why people put their outfits together?
    I thought it was rather pointless and don't see her adding anything to the show, much like that girl who fell under the table in season one of AI and came back as a reporter in season 2.
    They soon ditched her.
    Hopefully she'll prove me wrong.

I had forgotten about her until I saw her Monday night. I'm with fluff, I don't like her and don't see a need for her either.

See, I thought I saw flashes of an interesting person under Elena's TV manners on her CI season. Her resume reinforces that impression for me...but I think that if her role is going to be that of a talking head, it's not going to go over that well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, I guess we have to give her a bit of a 'breaking in' period. If I recall, John Dore's stuff was pretty universally panned at first too until we kind of got used to the big ole lunk. I agree, her first stint was pretty painful, but she certainly showed some unrestrained goofiness in her stint on CI, so maybe she'll get better. And I disagree with a couple of you. I think we definitely need her or someone like her or John to give us a respite from Ben's smarminess!

eta
    Here we go again, agreeing on stuff AJane!! Wonder if we'll do as much agreein' on the contestants when we get down to the finalists!

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=Ogopogo;1923991]Well, I guess we have to give her a bit of a 'breaking in' period. If I recall, John Dore's stuff was pretty universally panned at first too until we kind of got used to the big ole lunk. I agree, her first stint was pretty painful, but she certainly showed some unrestrained goofiness in her stint on CI, so maybe she'll get better. And I disagree with a couple of you. I think we definitely need her or someone like her or John to give us a respite from Ben's smarminess!

[
    I'm sure she'llimprove over time, and she's right, it is an incredible summer job. Wonder what the pay is.

I liked Elena when she was on CI - loved her "Mary Jane" but she was kind of blah on Monday. Hopefully she'll get better as things progress.

She was my favorite in season 2 and it's nice to see her again (for me at least), but what happened to Jon Dore? Is he still on CI? It won't be the same show without him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast