+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol - 2006

FORT Fanatic
    I beg to differ from some of you i that I didn't find Ci dismal last year. I too would like to see a forum, but perhaps we Canadians didn't post enough last year to make people think it deserving of it's own spot.

What did you think of Canada's own Clay Aiken look-alike? They didn't say it on the show, but I think his name was Tom Cooper and he flew into Kitchener Waterloo from somewhere out west and the judges thought he was weird but were fans of his voice.

I did like the "smurf" as Ben called her, the one that came from a family of 7, although I thought she sang her audition song a little slow.
    I liked the girl that gave Jake goosebumps, but I didn't get the oh my god vibe that they did. I think it was the song choice though.

I didn't care for the high jumper guy...actually I don't remember any of the guys really wowing me.

I'm looking forward to the new format, it should be easier to "get to know" the singers when it's the top 22.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
    I liked Ashley from KW - wasn't she the cutie who rounded her height up? I didn't see the comparison to Suzi Rawk though.
    I didn't see the comparison either, and I'm acting ridiculous because now I can never get behind and support Ashley no matter how much I liked her. Suzi is my all-time Idol favorite and I hated they compared the two girls. They were nothing alike and vocal styles were completely different. On the plus side, at least Suzi got mentioned. They haven't forgotten about her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54
    I beg to differ from some of you i that I didn't find Ci dismal last year. I too would like to see a forum, but perhaps we Canadians didn't post enough last year to make people think it deserving of it's own spot.
    I didn't find last year dismal at all. I found season 2 to be the most IMO, even though that seems to be most people's favorite. Season 3 was the best! Suzi. I imagine this season will be dismal because there won't be someone I liked as much as her.

I'm also wishing we had a forum, too. I liked that FoRT covered Canadian shows and am disappointed they don't seem to be anymore. CNTM and CI are both stuck in one little thread. Oh well.

Good news, all you CI fans

Ogopogo has volunteered to recap the show this season, and we liked the initial "audition cap" well enough to give it a shot. So, be sure to thank Ogopogo if you wanted a forum for the show!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Ogopogo for helping get the CI forum back.

Thank you Ogopogo!!

elk
    Thank you so much, Ogo...I am really looking forward to this!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Next week will be better when they whittle it down to 22 top competitors.
    According to the schedule you posted, it will be June 20th that the numbers are pared down to 22.

Thank you Ogopogo!!!!

Glad that there is a forum! Easier to stay on top of the show! Looking forward to the recaps!!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Thank you so much Ogo, for volunteering! You made a lot of us very happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast