+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canadian Idol 07/27 - Shaken, Rattled & Rolled Out The Door

Canadian Idol 07/27 - Shaken, Rattled & Rolled Out The Door

Are you excited yet?

How about now?

Now?

Yeah, me neither. Honestly, I'm having trouble getting into this season of Canadian Idol. Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age. Maybe the memory of last year's group is still too fresh in my mind. There is something wrong when the promo for Shane's CD is the highlight of the show for me. That's something, considering I wasn't even a big Shane fan. Maybe I'm not being fair to the new crop. Or maybe they're all just boring. Really, really boring.

The Top 9 start off the show with, what else, a Stevie Wonder medley. It's mostly up tempo songs and they do a much better job than last week. To be fair, provided they didn't emulate the sounds of a dial tone, that was inevitable. Before we can learn anything, Jon 'Filler' Dore is brought out to showcase his latest 'B' material, a piece where he plays Belvedere to the Idols in their mansion. Hilarity, does not, as you'd expect, ensure. There is a good moment however, when Jon produces a cactus which he claims Zack has been sitting on for 3 years. It managed to get a sincere laugh out of Zack, so good for Jon.

Finally, it's time for Ben to deliver the news to the nine most frightened people in the world. Seriously, they're so terrified, they look as if Ben's about to tell them the prom has been cancelled. Josh is the first member of the bottom 3, later followed by Melissa, for the second time in as many weeks. Ultimately, it's down to Ashley and Daryl. Ashley's on the verge of either a panic or a hiccup attack and relies on Daryl to be her pillar of strength. Yes, Daryl. Not my first choice either. The final member of the night's bottom 3 is Ashley, and rather than collapsing and taking Daryl out with her, (and you know you thought that might happen) Ashley unsteadily makes her way to centre stage.

The judges are predictably unimpressed and Jake chastises Western Canada for not supporting their own, while Zack urges Canadians to vote for the best performance, rather than be influenced by the regional contestent. Yes, well, it's not the first time these two have contradicted one another. Zack says he digs Melissa, but predicts she is toast. TOAST. Apparently one girl on the edge of a meltdown isn't enough for him.

Josh is the first to be sent back to the safety of the couches while a calm and collected Melissa is left to support the quivering Ashley. The performer is Ashley, and the paramedics are on high alert. Ashley manages to get it together long enough to squeak out her last performance of the night, and in a touching move, goes into the audience to greet her mother.

Did you love the 80's? Well, you won't after next week when the Canadian Idols do their best to ruin every 80's classic out there! Just kidding.. maybe
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I thought Ashley was going to hyperventilate and pass out! Gotta hand it to her for getting it together and singing, though. Well, I've got to hand it to her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss F
    There is something wrong when the promo for Shane's CD is the highlight of the show for me.

Before we can learn anything, Jon 'Filler' Dore is brought out to showcase his latest 'B' material

Seriously, they're so terrified, they look as if Ben's about to tell them the prom has been cancelled.

Ashley's on the verge of either a panic or a hiccup attack and relies on Daryl to be her pillar of strength. Yes, Daryl. Not my first choice either.

Did you love the 80's? Well, you won't after next week when the Canadian Idols do their best to ruin every 80's classic out there! Just kidding.. maybe
    Great job , Miss F.
    So many good lines in a great bite-sized minicap

I can't get over Zack continuously picking on Casey....I'm from NB, and it seriously ticks me off the way he goes on about Nova Scooooo....Brunswick...whereev er....

Glad Ashley is gone however....yeah my FH and I were watching it and we really thought that poor kid was going to pass out....I was like, someone pass her a paper bag already! lol
    ~Tiedye~

Quote Originally Posted by tiedye1997
    Glad Ashley is gone however....yeah my FH and I were watching it and we really thought that poor kid was going to pass out....I was like, someone pass her a paper bag already! lol
    We were at the show on Wednesday night and Ashley was having a horrible time with her nerves! She was as white as a ghost, and on the commercials she was actually laying down on the stage. Farley and Zack and some camera people were up on the stage trying to calm her down. It was very emotional and tense. you could hear a pin drop in the theatre! I don't know how she pulled it together to sing at the end. I felt so sorry for her!
    As an aside, in my opinion it was too soon for Ashley to go.
    No offence but I don't know how Casey is staying out of the bottom 3. Could the VFTW thing have anything to do with it???
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

FORT Regular
    Like I have said before, I don't really have a problem with the way that Zack talks to the contestants. If they are really going to get into the music business and REALLY do it, SOMEONE (and it won't be Zack), is going to be really nasty to them (and way worse than Zack). It's important to develop tough skin and broad shoulders now so that you don't have a total meltdown a la Mariah Carey (I know, I know, it had nothing to do with meanness), but can you imagine? Sure, they can cry about it, but every kid grows up with their mom and dad and family and church telling them how wonderfully they sing and sometimes they might not be the greatest singers. Someone has to throw some negativity at them some time or another. Plus it makes for interesting viewing for those of us at home.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Reader number 5 reporting for duty!

Greta recaps Miss F...although by reading them, I might not want to hear these kids anymore.

+ Reply to Thread