+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canadian Idol: The FORT Interview with Farley Flex

Canadian Idol: The FORT Interview with Farley Flex

Farley Flex has done it all on the Canadian music scene and as Canadian Idol Judge, he was the only one to pick Kalan Porter as the next Idol at his audition back in Calgary. Farley was kind enough to sit down and take the time to answer a few questions as the third season of Canadian Idol gets underway.

The auditioning process seems very exhausting. How difficult is it to judge near the end of a long day?
    Although the day is long two factors can keep you alert and enthusiastic. A good singer and the anticipation that a good singer has to be coming soon.

You're probably known as the most laidback just that comes up with the best one liners. Do you make an attempt to stay cool or does it just come naturally?
    This may work against me but I don't do a TV show I do Farley. If it happens to work that's great.

Faced with a mediocre singer who has good looks and charisma and a strong singer with no personality, who do you choose?
    Tough call, personality goes a long way on this show, but if I'm blown away by a voice I feel the public deserves to hear it. By the same token a Jacob Hoggard type would equally deserve the right to be exposed as well.

What is your favourite part of the Canadian Idol process?
    Besides wardrobe it would have to be the top 100 to 32 process.

Last season, you fought pretty hard to get Jacob Hoggard a gold ticket to Toronto, how justified did you feel with your decision when Jacob turned out to be such a fan favourite?
    Not too be cocky, but that combined with picking Kalan to flat out win the whole thing during his first audition makes a brother feel alright!

Over the past two seasons, were your first impressions usually on the money?
    Did Kalan win? HeHe

Were you surprised with last year's success? Do you think this year's group can match last year's talent?
    I wasn't surprised but I was pleased. This year's contestants are definitely competitive with last years.

Are you enjoying this season as much as the first two seasons?
    Definitely, you try sitting beside Sass Jordan for 12 hours.

What qualities in a performance are most important to you? What are some common mistakes?
    The qualtites that are most important are natural or learned talent, the ability to communicate with the audience and charisma. Some common mistakes are reaching beyond the capacity of your talent and wrong song choice.

Are you ever disappointed with how Canada votes? Is there anyone in particular over the first two seasons that you believe was voted out too early?
    No I'm never really disappointed, I'm happy to say with the exception of Toya Alexis. She is the best singer that has ever been on the show. Think I'm biased in any way?

How do you think you've evolved over the past few seasons as a judge? Can anything surprise you at this point?
    I think I may have evolved in terms of my comfort level on camera. I don't know what could surprise me at this point but I'm sure its out there somewhere.

Many thanks to Farley for taking the time to answer our questions and to the awesome people at CTV for continuing to assist us with these interviews.
    Last edited by Miss Filangi; 06-02-2005 at 04:13 PM.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Great interview, Miss F. and Farley! This part had me rolling:

Are you enjoying this season as much as the first two seasons?
    Definitely, you try sitting beside Sass Jordan for 12 hours.

Although I don't get/watch CI, this guy seems like a pretty cool judge. Thanks for the interview, Farley and Miss F.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Although I don't get/watch CI, this guy seems like a pretty cool judge. Thanks for the interview, Farley and Miss F.
    Oh, he is lobeck. I think he's everybody's favorite, including the contestants.

FORT Fanatic
    Farley has a great knack of knowing/delivering the right obersavations. I still love his comment that Jacob was the MAP of comp (Most Anticipated Performer). Classic

Last season, you fought pretty hard to get Jacob Hoggard a gold ticket to Toronto, how justified did you feel with your decision when Jacob turned out to be such a fan favourite?
    Not too be cocky, but that combined with picking Kalan to flat out win the whole thing during his first audition makes a brother feel alright!
    He seems to pick em!

Great Interview Miss F!
    Thanks!
    ---------------------
    opps....

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Thanks for the great interview, Miss F. He's my favorite judge, and this interview shows how great he is.

I love this guy. Thanks for all the hard work, Miss F.

+ Reply to Thread