+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol 3 premieres Monday, May 30

Okay, I'm just plain jealous. There is clearly some kind of a Canadian conspiracy to keep us Americans from seeing what is probably a much better show than American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Okay, I'm just plain jealous. There is clearly some kind of a Canadian conspiracy to keep us Americans from seeing what is probably a much better show than American Idol.
    I agree. I'd like to watch, even if we can't vote. Heck, I don't vote with AI either.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I've heard people rave about this show, saying it's so much better than our American version. If we gave Ryan Seacrest to Canada, would they keep him?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

As long as you can take Ben Mulroney.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I've heard great things about the show each season (with the exception of Ben). The judges are better, the competition's stronger and more talented, and the best person does actually win. I'm jealous, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    As long as you can take Ben Mulroney.

Yeah, he's kinda alright, reminds me of his daddy too much though!

He and Dore are hilarious together.

Yes, I wonder if this years top 10 and beat last year....Last year was an AWESOME year!

and with Kalan Porter winning...ahhh dream come true!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I've heard great things about the show each season (with the exception of Ben). The judges are better, the competition's stronger and more talented, and the best person does actually win. I'm jealous, too.
    I don't like to be too much of a homer and brag on how great Canadian Idol is, but John, you're absolutely right. The judges actually judge and offer both critique and acclaim, the competition in the second season was amazing (and hopefully will be for the third as well), and yes, the best person did win. Kalan was never once in the bottom two or three, all his performances were good, although naturally a few of them were better than others, standouts really. And it has been so neat to follow his career since the show ended. He's still shy and humble and constantly gracious to all his fans, but his performance skills have gotten even better and he puts on a fabulous rocking show on tour with loads of violin playing thrown in. Almost scary to think of what he's going to become (he's only 19 now) when you see the change in him from his first audition where they said he was 'like a shaking leaf' to seeing him shred his violin bow on Born to be Wild as he closes out his encore songs as the audience goes nuts. Future Canadian Idols are going to have a heck of a time living up to this kid's amazing talents.

Ogo, you said exactly what I was thinking! I was disappointed that Kalan wasn't even at the AI finale on Wednesday. He should have been, but then again, he should have been invited to perform as well, but then everyone would know that we are superior in musical talent! (We've always known it...)

Canadian Idol is better than AI, especially the judging, but I'm feeling Idoled out right now - I may or may not tune in this season - I'll be checking in here to see what you guys think first, so please keep me updated!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Looking forward to this coming season. Whoohoo cant wait
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast