+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canadian Idol 08/12 Ė Say You, Say What?

Canadian Idol 08/12 Ė Say You, Say What?

A premier of one of these provinces is fond of saying, ďNone of us are as strong as all of usĒ. The phrase never really meant much to me until last night. Yes, it really resonated with me for some reason as I watched Canadian Idol. I found myself giddy, watching the group of seven perform Lionel Richieís hits, including Dancing On The Ceiling. (See, I told you theyíd select that song) Unlike last year or all three installments of American Idol, I tune in early on Thursdays, not wanting to miss a moment of the group performance! Itís almost too bad that they canít bring back the eliminated Idols on a weekly basis for these group performances. Just when you think the Lionel Richie couldnít get anymore exciting, out comes Lionel Richie himself to help sing All Night Long!

Perhaps I need to get out more.

Canadian Idol is brought to you byÖ
    After the group performance, the star himself sings his latest hit, Just For You. He sounds great, just like every single one of those commercials Iíve heard him sing in. After his performance, he engages in a little friendly banter with Ben. Lionel promises to return to Canada in the spring or summer, that way we can have winter all to ourselves. Gotta love cold weather jokes. He praises the Canadian Idols and compares the show to Fear Factor because their talent is scary. Ben reminds the audience that Lionel Richieís latest CD is available now at a store near you, in case you missed it, so run out and buy one. To his credit, Lionel Richie sounds good live and if youíre a fan, Iím sure itís worth it.

Back To Business
    Unfortunately, the point of this episode is to eliminate one of the contestants, not honour the long, distinguished career of Lionel Richie. Ben approaches the couch and begins the roll call of shame.

Theresa is safe.

Jason is also safe and looks incredibly surprised to be so.

Kalan, again is safe. Kaleb is up next and looks as if he knows whatís to come. Kaleb is the first member of the bottom 3 this week.

Shane follows and is also awarded a coveted bottom 3 position.

Itís down to Elena and Jacob. The pair hold hands as Ben reveals that Elena is the last member of tonightís bottom 3. The gaggle of Jacob fans in the audience squeal in delight, much to Elenaís, and my own, annoyance.

Ben turns to the judges for some reaction. Jake says at this stage, there are 7 strong singers and none of them really deserve to be there, but thereís gotta be someone in the bottom 3. Farley suggests that for the 2 that remain, they need to lose their inhibitions and let it loose. This is a singing competition Farley, not a strip bar. Sass is asked to give career advice to whoever is sent home. She suggests they take their time, think about what they want to do in music and go out there, as a lot of Canada will be listening. Yes, and maybe they too can grow up to be Canadian Idol judges after their performing career is washed up. Ben asks Zack if his prediction from the night before was accurate, that star power would make the difference. He says that he thinks Kaleb is one of the best hip hop artists in the country and leaves it at that. Very helpful, thanks for ignoring Benís question altogether.

Who Saw THAT Coming?
    The first member of the bottom 3 to return to the couches is Shane. Which means Shane is safe and not going home. Iím completely stunned and so is Shane and most of the audience.

Itís down to Elena and Kaleb.

Kaleb is eliminated. As Shane did a few moments earlier, Kaleb looks very stunned, but does his best to keep his composure. As the tribute video rolls, Kaleb still looks shocked and disappointed. He thanks Canadian Idol and of course, his family, friends and fans. For one of the first times, Kaleb seems downright normal. As Kaleb prepares to sing, all the judges, minus Zack, (he doesnít do these things) and most of the audience are on their feet. Kaleb sings as well as heís ever sang and even managed to eliminate some of the trills. The rest of the contestants assemble behind him, Theresa is crying, Shane looks as if heís been stricken with the dreaded John Stevens/Gary Beal disease.

Kaleb gives a wink and smile to the camera and just like that, heís gone. Good luck Kaleb, Iím sure you wonít need it.

Next week: From the Ďand-you-thought-THIS-was-bad-filesí, itís Gordon Lightfoot week!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

First off, great title

I love the group performances, I can understand your giddy feeling about them.

Farley suggests that for the 2 that remain, they need to lose their inhibitions and let it loose. This is a singing competition Farley, not a strip bar.

Yes, and maybe they too can grow up to be Canadian Idol judges after their performing career is washed up.

The first member of the bottom 3 to return to the couches is Shane. Which means Shane is safe and not going home. Iím completely stunned and so is Shane and most of the audience.

Shane looks as if heís been stricken with the dreaded John Stevens/Gary Beal disease.

Next week: From the Ďand-you-thought-THIS-was-bad-filesí, itís Gordon Lightfoot week!
    Excellent, as always, MissF.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

Downright Normal???

Dear Miss F:

I do love to read your articles as they seem to be closest to the truth from most of the others.

I am not really a fan of Kaleb, but I do believe that his performance of "Hound dog" was the best of the show that week.

His performance on the Aug. 11th show was not so good. I could not find any article that mentioned anything about besides his weak/off-key performance, he was INTERRUPTING the host. Regardless of weather you think Ben is an idiot, great, or just regular type of host, HE IS STILL THE HOST. As such he deserves the consideration that comes with that position.

I believed that Kaleb should have been given his walking papers just for that, then the next thing we know, Elena is doing the same thing. I do hope that there were reprimands handed out for this.

Hats off to Ben for keeping a cool head and remaining professional during the episode.

MsF I read this as soon as you posted it, I just wanted to say fabulously entertaining and accurate .. as usual
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

hahahah nice recap
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

+ Reply to Thread