+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Britney Decamps

Article: Britney Decamps

Britney Spears continues to alienate her adolescent fan base. On the heels of the squicky, sex-talk-filled train wreck that is "Chaotic," Mrs. Federline has decided to downsize one of her charitable endeavors. The Boston Herald reports the Britster is "phasing out" her Cape Cod-based performing arts camp for underprivileged kids, which she's sponsored for the past five years. "She's more focused on helping children with cancer, the healing aspects and dealing with treatment," the head of the Britney Spears Foundation tells the paper.

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/hotgossip4

I for one -- am very angry about this. She has done so many interviews about this camp and has talked about how good it made her feel .. and it was one of the things that I really, really respected about her.

I really like her .. and I want to be happy for her -- and think that Kevin isn't completely ruining her life and career .. but stuff like this makes me really wonder ...

Wow.. that really sucks. That was something I always felt was a really cool thing for her to do. That said.. working with children with cancer is hardly something to sneeze at.. I just hope she doesn't phase that out too..

I live on Cape Cod and read in the local paper that she only shows up for about 20 minutes.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Regular
    yeah, and one year (and maybe every year since?) she didn't show up at all. the kids were sad.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh yea..that's right. Screw those underpriviledged children.

Besides..giving to cancer patients is more "noteworthy" than giving to underpriviledged children.

Go back to to the school yard and make mud art, ya lil ankle biters!

/sarcasm off

Ya know.. I don't think I could EVER stop giving support to a worthy cause such as what she was giving to, especially one that I "created". Ugh. What an empty feeling in the heart.
    Did she create the program for the children?
    Last edited by Maveno; 06-02-2005 at 06:13 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    It was probably a tax shelter.

Even so, she was barely there, and skipped out on showing up once she started banging Kevin exclusively.

Well .. maybe I'm misinformed, but from what I heard, she use to help those kids with cancer already .. so the way I read it, she's cutting out her camp program ..

And even if it was only twenty minutes -- that's still going to feel amazing to the kids to meet someone they consider an Idol ..

And to answer a question someone asked .. yes she created the program originally .. it's a part of her 'Britney Spears Foundation' ..

Kao
    She's worth...what? 200 million? And she can't keep bankrolling a camp for underpriveledged CHILDREN? That's....tacky.

I was just watching one of those Isn't It Great to Be _____'s on VH1 and it talked about how she spends $7,000 on COSTUMES at a fetish shop (her fav was a boy scout uniform), thousands of dollars at Von Dutch on trucker hats/crap outfits for her dogs, and other ridiculous amounts of money on random things. I think I read once that she only wears her underwear ONCE and throws them away.

Yet, she can't continue with the camp. It's like, she's purposefully trying to get people to dislike her.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Oh yea..that's right. Screw those underpriviledged children. Besides..giving to cancer patients is more "noteworthy" than giving to underpriviledged children. Go back to to the school yard and make mud art, ya lil ankle biters!
    Maveno, once again...you crack me up!

Brittany has got millions! It is shameful that she cant spend the money to keep the camp running. What is the money to her? Peanuts!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast