+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Forces Britney to get rid of her Chihuahua

This girl is going to be left hung dry. How sad. I would dump the trash before I got rid of any of my babies. He's going to come between her and everyone she loves until she has nothing but him leeching off of her. Please someone sterilize that man!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Seriously, I'm totally disgusted by all these female celebs and their toy and teacup dogs that they use as fashion accessories or carry around everywhere as symbols of how 'cool' they think they are, like a purse or piece of jewelry. They dye the dog's ear tips or tail tips to match their own clothes of the evening, or have their own personalized/color matching 'Pooch Pouches' (saw that one on E! -- fabric pouches that look like a small purse that you carry your teacup dog in and can close it up and hide the dog in while you're inside a restaurant or niteclub or whatever), or put them in ridiculous and obviously uncomfortable outfits and/or jewelry. Or they carry them around between their hands, propped in front of them or in the crook of their armpits during photo opps, movie premieres, nightclub hopping, clothes shopping, etc., etc., etc. And in general, they treat them much better than they treat humans around them -- which is good for the dogs (sometimes), but doesn't say much good about the celeb.

Just a few examples seen from magazines and television and entertainment news shows:

Paris Hilton's teacup chihuahua named Tinkerbell -- the dog that keeps being 'doggienapped', then reappears, then she loses it, then she finds it, then claims someone is stalking her dog (well yeah, since it's usually wearing a pink diamond dog collar ... duh). I've seen Paris photographed with that dog with it's ears dyed pink, or it's tail dyed pink, or it's tail and ears or ear tips dyed pink, and one picture showed it with the letters 'TH' (for Tinkerbell Hilton, Paris explained) dyed in large pink letters on it's head.

Britney Spears carrying around her teacup chihuahua in her arms while she's swimming with Kevin and friends in the waters off the Florida coast. ET showed some video of Britney's little swimming excursion a couple of months ago, and you could see Britney diving (well, it was more of a jump than a dive, since she went in feet first) off the boat into the water with chihuahua tucked in her arm (the dog had it's own little doggie swimsuit on), then she's swimming around, treading water, splashing, having a good time -- all the time holding the chihuahua with one hand. And just a week or so ago there was Britney's famous tongue-lashing of a waitress at that LA restaurant -- Britney asked the waitress to bring her dog some water, the waitress brought a glass of water, Britney whipped out a tiny silver water bowl from her Puppy Pouch and poured the water in and let doggie drink it all up. When la Britney asked which brand of bottled water it was, the waitress said it was tap water, since Britney didn't specify bottled water, and la Britney threw a loud fit and tongue-lashed the poor waitress in front of everyone, telling her how dare she bring tap water, her dog drinks only bottled water, complaining to the manager about the waitress, etc. (And this doesn't even address the issue of why Britney was allowed to have the dog inside the restaurant to begin with).

Lindsey Lohan and her teacup pomeranian (which I think I read she's exchanged now for another breed of teacup) -- shows up at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas last year carrying the poor thing around with a tiny tiara glued to it's head. Yes... glued. Lindsey explained to a photographer that they had to glue it on because all the pomeranian fur made it hard to keep the tiara on.

Mariah Carey and her little teacup who was wearing it's own little mink-tipped parka.

Oy vey... imho these female celebs who do these things or use their teacups as trend symbols or fashion accessories are morons. While it's good to be pampered, whether you're human or canine or feline or whatever -- there's such a thing as being a responsible adult also. Most of those tiny dogs have special needs and can be fragile, and can require special diets/food. And I feel so sorry for those tiny little things who are bombarded by photographer's camera flashes at the celeb's urging. Airheaded celebs who buy those little teacup dogs just to use them like this should be strapped into straightjackets and dropped off in the Bermuda Triangle.

JMHO
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Seriously, I'm totally disgusted by all these female celebs and their toy and teacup dogs that they use as fashion accessories or carry around everywhere as symbols of how 'cool' they think they are, like a purse or piece of jewelry. They dye the dog's ear tips or tail tips to match their own clothes of the evening, or have their own personalized/color matching 'Pooch Pouches' (saw that one on E! -- fabric pouches that look like a small purse that you carry your teacup dog in and can close it up and hide the dog in while you're inside a restaurant or niteclub or whatever), or put them in ridiculous and obviously uncomfortable outfits and/or jewelry. Or they carry them around between their hands, propped in front of them or in the crook of their armpits during photo opps, movie premieres, nightclub hopping, clothes shopping, etc., etc., etc. And in general, they treat them much better than they treat humans around them -- which is good for the dogs (sometimes), but doesn't say much good about the celeb.

Just a few examples seen from magazines and television and entertainment news shows:

Paris Hilton's teacup chihuahua named Tinkerbell -- the dog that keeps being 'doggienapped', then reappears, then she loses it, then she finds it, then claims someone is stalking her dog (well yeah, since it's usually wearing a pink diamond dog collar ... duh). I've seen Paris photographed with that dog with it's ears dyed pink, or it's tail dyed pink, or it's tail and ears or ear tips dyed pink, and one picture showed it with the letters 'TH' (for Tinkerbell Hilton, Paris explained) dyed in large pink letters on it's head.

Britney Spears carrying around her teacup chihuahua in her arms while she's swimming with Kevin and friends in the waters off the Florida coast. ET showed some video of Britney's little swimming excursion a couple of months ago, and you could see Britney diving (well, it was more of a jump than a dive, since she went in feet first) off the boat into the water with chihuahua tucked in her arm (the dog had it's own little doggie swimsuit on), then she's swimming around, treading water, splashing, having a good time -- all the time holding the chihuahua with one hand. And just a week or so ago there was Britney's famous tongue-lashing of a waitress at that LA restaurant -- Britney asked the waitress to bring her dog some water, the waitress brought a glass of water, Britney whipped out a tiny silver water bowl from her Puppy Pouch and poured the water in and let doggie drink it all up. When la Britney asked which brand of bottled water it was, the waitress said it was tap water, since Britney didn't specify bottled water, and la Britney threw a loud fit and tongue-lashed the poor waitress in front of everyone, telling her how dare she bring tap water, her dog drinks only bottled water, complaining to the manager about the waitress, etc. (And this doesn't even address the issue of why Britney was allowed to have the dog inside the restaurant to begin with).

Lindsey Lohan and her teacup pomeranian (which I think I read she's exchanged now for another breed of teacup) -- shows up at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas last year carrying the poor thing around with a tiny tiara glued to it's head. Yes... glued. Lindsey explained to a photographer that they had to glue it on because all the pomeranian fur made it hard to keep the tiara on.

Mariah Carey and her little teacup who was wearing it's own little mink-tipped parka.

Oy vey... imho these female celebs who do these things or use their teacups as trend symbols or fashion accessories are morons. While it's good to be pampered, whether you're human or canine or feline or whatever -- there's such a thing as being a responsible adult also. Most of those tiny dogs have special needs and can be fragile, and can require special diets/food. And I feel so sorry for those tiny little things who are bombarded by photographer's camera flashes at the celeb's urging. Airheaded celebs who buy those little teacup dogs just to use them like this should be strapped into straightjackets and dropped off in the Bermuda Triangle.

JMHO
    Total agreed!

Dogs are not materials! I am dog lover. I don't like the way they put dogs in a bag or whatever, it is like a cage of fabric. It is so horrible way.

Imho, Dogs should stay at home, period. And wear a shirt with a puppy picture on it to show off instead!

Gee, a dog or a free loading husband.

Easy choice, keep the dog, at least you know it will be loyal.

I'm sorry but I cannot see this marriage lasting very long.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

No contest--keep the dog. When I divorced, the only thing that I gave a damn about was keeping the Newfs.
    Imho, Dogs should stay at home, period.
    Can't say that I agree. I love to go out and about with my boys, and they appreciate the new sights, sounds, and (especially) smells. On the other hand, I'm not exactly treating them as a fashion accessory--it would be a little tiring to hold a 150-pound dog under my arm for an evening
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    It's been said dogs have a keen nose for judging a person's character.

I had two dogs when I met my husband...had they not liked him, I don't think I would have had any problem saying, "see ya." They loved him, though, so I ducked that bullet. Phew.

I'm curious how long she owned the dog. On the bright side, with the dog being cared for by one of her assistants, when she and Kevin break up in a few months weeks, she can probably get the dog back.
    So true, she should listen to the dog. When I was 22, my roommate had a black lab/wolf mix dog. He was the sweetest thing, but if he didn't like someone he would let you know. We ran all our dates by him, if he didn't like them we wouldn't go out.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I hardly think the pound would have been an option. Don't you love the drama? I just hope that the new owner has more sense than to put the poor little dog through all the dumb photo ops that Britney did. I can't see the dog wanting to dive into the ocean or any of the other insane things she did with it clamped to her side. Why not just let it stay around the house and drag its butt on the carpet?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    It's been said dogs have a keen nose for judging a person's character.

I had two dogs when I met my husband...had they not liked him, I don't think I would have had any problem saying, "see ya." They loved him, though, so I ducked that bullet. Phew.
    I agree with you, roses and I'm really glad for you that it worked out the way it did!!!

I've seen this phenomenon many times. The most recent example in my life that I've seen lately is that my two dogs couldn't stand my new neighbor who moved in a couple of months ago. They wouldn't go near her. Only three weeks after we met her we all found out that she's an active heroin addict.

GOOD DOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by PuReAnGeL
    Imho, Dogs should stay at home, period. And wear a shirt with a puppy picture on it to show off instead!
    I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Dogs are pack animals and they love to be with the pack (and the leader of the pack).

Dogs should not ". . . stay home, period." NO WAY.

I believe in moderation and in using good judgment, not in ridiculous, immutabe rules; things should be done in moderation, and there are many, many times that dogs can and should tag along with their owners. It's good on a lot of different levels. It's good for the dogs, it's good for the owners, and it's very often good for people out in the world who the dog and owner meet in their travels.

Moderation.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    On the other hand, I'm not exactly treating them as a fashion accessory--
    Even the little dogs should get out of the house, much for their own benefit, but I'm not thrilled with those who use them as a fashion accessory. It doesn't mean they don't love their pets, but it's insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Seriously, I'm totally disgusted by all these female celebs and their toy and teacup dogs that they use as fashion accessories or carry around everywhere as symbols of how 'cool' they think they are, like a purse or piece of jewelry.

When la Britney asked which brand of bottled water it was, the waitress said it was tap water, since Britney didn't specify bottled water, and la Britney threw a loud fit and tongue-lashed the poor waitress in front of everyone, telling her how dare she bring tap water, her dog drinks only bottled water, complaining to the manager about the waitress, etc.
    Didn't hear that story before. I use to simply not pay attention to Brat-ney. After hearing that, if moved her into the elite group whom I wish misfortune on, like her ankles swelling up and ruining her career. Nothing life threatening, of course.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 05-30-2005 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Why not just let it stay around the house and drag its butt on the carpet?
    Muduh, you slay me!

I have a chihuahua and I know from first hand experience that she is not comfortable going places she's not familiar with, and she is frightened when confronted by strangers. Celebrities who use their pets as an accessory with no thought as to their temperament shouldn't be allowed to have a pet.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast