+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Article: "Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"

I wanna see how crazy good she thinks it is after the baby is born, and her stitches aren't healing, her breasts are swollen and engorged and she is so exhausted she can't remember her own name. I wanna see how crazy good it is in the post-partum period when your fatigue and hormones are out of control, and you have no sex drive. This girl is a joke. Someone put it best by saying if she hadn;t had the good fortune of a mother who whored her out her whole childhood, she wouldn't be able to cope in the real world. I don't quite think she'd have the smarts to bag groceries at the local Piggy Wiggly...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekMama
    I wanna see how crazy good she thinks it is after the baby is born, and her stitches aren't healing, her breasts are swollen and engorged and she is so exhausted she can't remember her own name. I wanna see how crazy good it is in the post-partum period when your fatigue and hormones are out of control, and you have no sex drive.

Kevin escaped his day to day paternal duties with his second baby with Shar. How he will stand up to the pressure of three kids, two mothers, one of whom is sex-crazed and desperate for attention?

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I wanna see how crazy good she thinks it is after the baby is born, and her stitches aren't healing, her breasts are swollen and engorged and she is so exhausted she can't remember her own name. I wanna see how crazy good it is in the post-partum period when your fatigue and hormones are out of control, and you have no sex drive. This girl is a joke. Someone put it best by saying if she hadn;t had the good fortune of a mother who whored her out her whole childhood, she wouldn't be able to cope in the real world. I don't quite think she'd have the smarts to bag groceries at the local Piggy Wiggly...
    I wonder if she even knows what Piggly Wiggly is...

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my_baby's_babe
    Jessica's new movie is due out in theaters soon, right? We'll have to wait and see how well she does. As for Mandy, I haven't seen any of her films yet but I respect her because she doesn't do the whole blond-ditz business (she's not blond, I know...but still). Christina has an amazing voice and isn't she engaged to get married soon? I wonder if she will still continue her singing career after marriage. I haven't heard much about her lately...just seen her in the tabloids with her fiance and stuff.

Hillary Duff, I used to find her ok...but now I don't like her much. I find her becoming more like Britney, very fake and can't sing. The way she talks makes it worse. It's like, oh god, gag me. Her mouth movement just really bothers me.

As for Lindsay, I think she's a better actress than Hillary. I prefer her acting over singing.
    Yeah, the remake of the Dukes of Hazzard is coming out soon. I think that she will play up the ditzy role even though I never thought of Daisy Duke as being ditzy. We'll see. (and this generation's Bo and Luke are really NOT hot. at all.)

I saw Mandy's Chasing Liberty this weekend, it was okay but not exceptional. I want to see Saved! though. All of these burgeoning actresses need to try out some edgy indie flicks to show us what they are really made of and break their sugary-sweet molds.

Christina will definitely be back - she is not only a singer but a songwriter - she now writes her own material, and I'm sure her relationship and engagement is providing some interesting stuff for her to work with. Look for Christina to come back with a vengeance.

Britney, however, is pure tabloid fodder. Maybe she's not the next Madonna, but the next Liz Taylor - pure media spectacle. And in trying to be seen as "normal," she cemented her image as being "genuinely stupid."

Having a baby is NOT the way to provide happiness or improve one's life.
    I agree that having a baby is not the way to improve your happiness .. but she is pregnant. My mom found herself pregnant at 17 -- and was arguably not the most mature, or grown up person (who is at 17?) but having me she has always said improved her life. She had to mature -- and in a hurry -- because suddenly there was this little life depending on her ..

Also -- the media tends to back off of celebs a bit after they have a baby after the whole 'bringing home the baby' picture ops are done.

I really think she needs some time not in the spotlight.

I think it depends on the person. I'm so glad your mom got her act together and decided to parent you! Britney just doesn't seem to have enough common sense to realize the gravity of bringing another person into the world.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    .. once her baby is born start hitting the gym and get back in shape ..
    I have a feeling this kid will wreck her body, I don't know if she'll recover. Her weight seems to go up and down quite a bit, this might push it over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    I agree that having a baby is not the way to improve your happiness .. but she is pregnant. My mom found herself pregnant at 17 -- and was arguably not the most mature, or grown up person (who is at 17?) but having me she has always said improved her life. She had to mature -- and in a hurry -- because suddenly there was this little life depending on her ..
    Kudos to your mom. I had a dear friend also find herself preggers before high school grad, and she turned out to be an amazing mom. It woke her up to me mature, responsible and selfless toward the new little daughter that needed her. She also had to work her @$$ off: daycare so she could work a menial job during the day, and her parents babysat in the evening so she could take a night class per week. She didn't party or go around acting like a typical 18 year old. She grew up because she needed to. Kudos to anyone who takes the high (responsible) road. Somehow, all these lessons are wasted on a person who probably makes several thousand in interest dividends (from investments) every time she takes a poop. The girl is probably could really wipe her butt with most people's weekly paycheck. She doesn't want responsibility. She wants to one-up anyone who appears to have more than her. She has no idea what she is in for. She has never had to make a decision for herself, and now she is to be trusted with making all the decisions for a helpless, tiny person (who must have been really bad in their last life - no I am only kidding!!!! that;s paris squared's offspring!). Britney is having a baby for all the wrong reasons...i.e it's tres chic at the moment. Girls who find themselves pregnant at 17 usually did not do that on purpose so that they aren't done by the baby-Momma of her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. That's all I was trying to say...

Yeah .. I know. And I was trying in my way to stick up for her .. and give her a chance. My mom says I can see the good in anybody .. and maybe that's true.

I'm all of 24 myself -- and I know that I have had a pretty bumpy ride into adulthood. And I would hate to be in a position whee the entire world can cast their vote on my every action.

I deffinately think she's made some major PR mistakes. She's deffinately still a little immature. But I haven't seen anything from her really make me think that she's a bad person. I think that she could be a really good mom if she wants to be.

I'm going to reserve judgement until after little spears-federline is born.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    The 23-year-old pop star, who's due to give birth this fall, says she's been battling "horrible" morning sickness and dealing with hormonal swings that have caused her to lose her temper "like twice." But otherwise, Spears says, she's in "nesting mode" and finds being pregnant "empowering."

"I think it brings out a pure side of you," she says.

After first seeing a sonogram of her baby, Spears was speechless.

"You can't really say anything. I was emotional. I think it's the best feeling in the world."

Spears says that she hasn't yet tried to find out whether it's a boy or a girl. She wants three children and doesn't plan to return to her day job soon.

"I'm sure there's going to come a time when I get back to work again, but it'll be a totally different way of life than it was before," she says.

Spears and her husband, Kevin Federline, are starring in their UPN reality show, "Britney and Kevin: Chaotic." The six-episode series features pre-pregnancy home videos of the couple's dating, engagement and wedding.

"It's so different for me, doing something like this," said Spears of the show. "My friends think it's cool."
    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/032nd1.htm

I think Britney has the potential to be a good mother, if she gets away from the media and the fame aspect of her life. I think she has been dumbed down by celebrity. When she first came out she was more grounded. If she can find that again, I think she will be fine. Unfortunately she still craves the media circus and doesn't realize that not ALL publicity is good, especially with a child on the way. I hope she wouldn't want the paparazzi chasing down her child, although she has pimped Shar and Kevin's daughter for the cameras. I hope she does grow up.

+ Reply to Thread