+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Article: "Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Sad as it seems, Chaotic (2.4/4) easily outdid the ratings for normal UPN time period occupant Veronica Mars.
    Source: Zap2it quick ratings.
    Unbelievable. VM was a cool show. I guess it was too intelligent for that network's time slot.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    I really wouldn't be jealous of Brit's money, she seems kinda unhappy right now. She really needs to get a "new" or hire one publicist. When Britney appeared on the scene, she was that all american girl, girl next door, but fame has not kept her grounded. Although, people may be watching it, it is truly a bad move on her part. I just don't think Britney has the staying power. I read an artice in EW, a long time ago(over 2+yrs ago), and they said when is the first teen bopper going to fall, and I think Britney is going in the path. The only one out of the original 4. Mandy, Jessica, Britney, and Christina-Jessica is doing the best. But when Jessica started she was the least known. I liked Britney at one point. Even went to a concert, but her personality has really tarnished her image. You can say Jessica Simpson is a moron, ditz etc. But she has the likeablity, that Britney doesn't. I hope she saves her money. Also, you have to remember there is a new breed coming in Lindsey Lohan, Hillary Duff etc.
    Comparing the pop princesses is like apples and oranges. Jessica has a limited shelf life as well as Britney - but who knows how long that is? Jessica can sing, but who will care in the long run? Jessica will need constant exposure to stay relevant. Few cared early on, and even fewer as time went on, until Newlyweds finally allowed her to go platinum.

Mandy has a bona fide acting career and decent taste in music. She is successful in a different way - she is a genuine movie star, though not A-list, and can actually carry an intelligent movie. Jessica may not reach this status. Britney won't.

Christina has the most staying power, musically. She is the most talented of the bunch and has easily taken steps into making adult contemporary music. Just because she has not whored herself out between albums doesn't mean that she won't be back. As for a movie career - we have to wait and see.

edit: it's important to note that Stripped is 6x-8x platinum in sales.

Hillary Duff - she may have some staying power in acting, but musically? Jury is out.

Lindsay Lohan - Britney lite, but as an actress. Should stick to acting.
    Last edited by Siryn; 06-01-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Kao
    Apparently the ratings are down 27% from last week. How many episodes do they have left?

Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    I really wouldn't be jealous of Brit's money, she seems kinda unhappy right now.... I just don't think Britney has the staying power.
    She does seem unhappy right now. I hope things improve in her life once the baby is born.

Jive records must think she has staying power -- this year they just signed a 10.5 million dollar contract with her, for her to do another 3 albums.

I really think that Britney can reinvent herself. What she needs to do -- is get out of the media spotlight for a while .. let things simmer down for a bit .. once her baby is born start hitting the gym and get back in shape .. start hanging out in the music studio .. and put something creative together / colaborate with other artists.

People love a comeback. And I still remember Britney from the early days. She has some pipes on her. She just needs to remember how to use them

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Comparing the pop princesses is like apples and oranges. Jessica has a limited shelf life as well as Britney - but who knows how long that is? Jessica can sing, but who will care in the long run? Jessica will need constant exposure to stay relevant. Few cared early on, and even fewer as time went on, until Newlyweds finally allowed her to go platinum.

Mandy has a bona fide acting career and decent taste in music. She is successful in a different way - she is a genuine movie star, though not A-list, and can actually carry an intelligent movie. Jessica may not reach this status. Britney won't.

Christina has the most staying power, musically. She is the most talented of the bunch and has easily taken steps into making adult contemporary music. Just because she has not whored herself out between albums doesn't mean that she won't be back. As for a movie career - we have to wait and see.

Hillary Duff - she may have some staying power in acting, but musically? Jury is out.

Agreed.
    Although jessica can sing, it's like so what? I don't find anything special about it, remotely. Mandy, she makes a better actor, Christina, undoubtedly blows all of them out of the water. Duff, she can't sing, she just can't.
    As for lindsay, i liked her up until she started dating major sleazoid, wilmer. He also dated Mandy while she was just 17....
    What lindsay should do is stop making mediocre teeny bopper films and do some independent films at least.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn

Jessica's new movie is due out in theaters soon, right? We'll have to wait and see how well she does. As for Mandy, I haven't seen any of her films yet but I respect her because she doesn't do the whole blond-ditz business (she's not blond, I know...but still). Christina has an amazing voice and isn't she engaged to get married soon? I wonder if she will still continue her singing career after marriage. I haven't heard much about her lately...just seen her in the tabloids with her fiance and stuff.

Hillary Duff, I used to find her ok...but now I don't like her much. I find her becoming more like Britney, very fake and can't sing. The way she talks makes it worse. It's like, oh god, gag me. Her mouth movement just really bothers me.

As for Lindsay, I think she's a better actress than Hillary. I prefer her acting over singing.

It has saddened me to watch Britney go from the wholesome little girl next door type to where she is now. I really think she acts like trash. I can't see her being the motherly type any time soon. Hopefully she will hire someone who makes a good mommy substitute. I felt hopeful when she married the home town boy, then was disappointed the next day. She seems to be a flake who is getting worse daily. I think that she could use some serious counseling.

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    She does seem unhappy right now. I hope things improve in her life once the baby is born.
    Having a baby is NOT the way to provide happiness or improve one's life. The problem with these teeny-bopper girls is that the teacup chihuaha accessory got old, now they are going to try outdoing eachother with actual human beings. Paris talks about having one (God help us!) and it won't be long before Lindsay jumps on the bandwagon I am sure. Britney is not responsible enough for kids. The fact that she had to get pregnant immediately so that Shar didn't have anything on her relationship with Kevin was totally sick and demented, and not a reason to bring a human being into this world. This girl is NOT responsible and having a child is nothing like having a chihuahua! The girl is unhappy because she has no identity, no soul. She hasn't yet learned that money, fame and materialism do not bring a person happiness. Happiness comes from within a person. It takes a maturity to look at oneself and one's situation and be able to accept and deal with the good and the bad. It's being confident in one's own abilities enough to be able to be on your own and not rely on love and acceptance from others. She is a sad little girl, and I feel sorry for her offspring; they will be reared by someone with not much more maturity than they.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

She just doesn't get it.

Britney Says Sex When Pregnant Is 'Crazy Good'

POSTED: 10:15 am EDT June 2, 2005

NEW YORK -- Pop singer Britney Spears is spilling the details on having sex while being pregnant.

Spears told People magazine that now that she's pregnant, "Sex is crazy good."

The singer added that she's battling "horrible" morning sickness and has been dealing with the hormone swings.

Spears and husband Kevin Federline are expecting their first baby in the fall.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press.
    http://www.wral.com/entertainment/4559508/detail.html

I'm sure this child will appreciate knowing that someday.

And Greek Mama, ITA.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread