+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Article: "Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"

i think she believes right now that she might want to call it a day, but i think she's going to regret this mistake of a show more than she regrets that first marriage. britney doesn't seem to be one that wants to be out of the limelight. she thrives off the attention and clearly feeds the frenzy. why else would she put out such a show like this? i honestly don't believe that she's bright enough to have thought it through.

I agree Sher, she is very impulsive in most of her decisions, her vegas wedding, and even the Madonna kiss thing, while it might have been sort of planned, she seemed to really impulsively push it further at the moment it happened. I think somewhere she realizes she isn't all that talented and the energy to stay in her top shape and look to cover for her lack of true singing talent is too much.
    She loves the attention and the celebrity and this will be a way to get it. I thinks he wants some mature credibility but doesn't have the maturity to work at a grown up relationship along with parenting that takes long term investment. I picture her wanting the sort of respect someone like Faith Hill has, star, beauty, strong family and adoring fans. Only Brittany wants it all NOW and doesn't take the time to truly invest herself in the work. So far she has lived a life of quick gratification and instant want instant get.

exactly, miss understood. i think she wants a long term career, but is impatient like a kid. as immature as most 23 year olds are, britney is taking immaturity to a new level. she seriously acts like a teenager in the way she behaves and reacts to things.

and i'm not trying to berate britney. i actually like her and think she's a good entertainer (not to be mistaken for a great talent). i just wish someone would show her that she's making bad mistakes. she doesn't seem the type to be satisfied with being a multimillionaire. she needs to be in the spotlight.

Article: "Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"
    God I hope so.

Great article, BTW.

Sad as it seems, Chaotic (2.4/4) easily outdid the ratings for normal UPN time period occupant Veronica Mars.
    Source: Zap2it quick ratings.

Guess B&K will be around awhile longer.......
    I didn't watch but, every review I have read trashed it.

FORT Regular
    It's not just the TV show, it's how she's been handling herself and her career for the past 2 years. I don't think she wants to work at it anymore. She wants to be a regular girl from Kentwood, LA, hanging out at the Sonic or Walmart parking lot, smoking her cigarettes, chomping her gum, swigging some beer, laughing about the good times back @ Kentwood High School Class of '98, looking at her face in the mirror and wondering if the new Walmart Facial Cleansing System will clear up her face in time for her date with a Kevin Federline-type.

i think she wants that life, but doesn't want to give up her celebrity. if she wanted to just quit, she'd quit and disappear. she's said that she wants kevin to be as famous as she is, so clearly that's not her goal.

FORT Fanatic
    Britney Spears is a Popstar...A jingle singer...and popstars careers are only as long as the marketing people feel they make a ton of money from them.

She can't write her own song (evidently she can't sing them either) and has had other people creating her image...appearance, dance moves, song choices.

She as vulnerable as it gets. I don't think anyone should be too upset IF her career is on a downward slide though...she's made a nice nest egg.

It's like a Broadway actress, or a TV Actress...your career may be short, the fans may be fickle, hopefully you've made enough to keep you in vogue. I definitely think she has.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Thanks for the article, Sher.

I can't believe that people like her walk the earth. She makes Paris Hilton look like Einstein...

Kao
    Sad. She's a young, slightly sheltered girl who has NO IDEA how she is coming across in this show. I know if I were a parent of a pre-teen who loved her, I would really have problems with them watching this show. There's a such thing as too much information.

+ Reply to Thread