+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Article: "Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    If Britney was trying to tell the media that she wasn't as dumb as we thought, she severely failed in that respect.

She's not normal - she's underdeveloped for her age, mentally (granted, she has lots of vapid company), and overdeveloped sexually, now that she's acting out. Trying to convince us that she's normal is a fruitless affair, and she really cemented the image of her being dysfunctional by showing all her dirty laundry.

The only thing this show proves is that Britney knows how to exploit her image to get cash.
    Over Developed Sexually? I really don't agree with you. She's had a sexy image in her videos, and in her performances of course because it gets reactions in the media and sells records.

But Brit was a virgin for a long time -- longer than most girls her same age are. She lost her virginity to JT .. and they broke up shortly thereafter .. before she met Kevin she hadn't really been with anyone in a really long time. I think rather then being over developed .. talking about sex with the people all around her is a response to having been under-developed for so long.

Her reaction is normal. I think she'll grow out of wanting to talk about it all the time .. eventually people want it to be more private .. but not usually at first.
    The greatest thing you will ever learn, is to love and be loved in return. -- Moulin Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    If it helps, I for one, agree with you.... Personally, I can't believe some of the things said in this thread! It's, like," She does this, she does THAT-- therefore--- BAD PERSON!"-- at least that's what I'm reading...
    I'm a Brit fan, and not ashamed at all to admit it. There seems to be alot of resentment for the fact that she's having a child while having money at the same time, and that makes me laugh. Things like "She's trying to compete....blah blah blah"... Let's face it-- no one here KNOWS her face to face, and chances are none of us ever will. I for one, think she'll be a great mother. Why? Because she never had her own shot at childhood, and will make sure her own child has a great one.

Whether or not we agree with her choice of husband(s), whether or not we *feel* she should have kids, well, she's doing both. And I applaud her for it... If I could make money the way she does, you'd better be DAMN sure I would too!LOL... Oh and special note to the haters who say "She looks like crap in tabloids..."--- *you* try having the paparrazzi follow you around nearly 24/7 looking gaw-juss. Bet ya can't! ;-)
    Thanks Glad to see someone else can cut her a little slack ..
    The greatest thing you will ever learn, is to love and be loved in return. -- Moulin Rouge

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    If it helps, I for one, agree with you.... Personally, I can't believe some of the things said in this thread! It's, like," She does this, she does THAT-- therefore--- BAD PERSON!"-- at least that's what I'm reading...
    I'm a Brit fan, and not ashamed at all to admit it. There seems to be alot of resentment for the fact that she's having a child while having money at the same time, and that makes me laugh. Things like "She's trying to compete....blah blah blah"... Let's face it-- no one here KNOWS her face to face, and chances are none of us ever will. I for one, think she'll be a great mother. Why? Because she never had her own shot at childhood, and will make sure her own child has a great one.

Whether or not we agree with her choice of husband(s), whether or not we *feel* she should have kids, well, she's doing both. And I applaud her for it... If I could make money the way she does, you'd better be DAMN sure I would too!LOL... Oh and special note to the haters who say "She looks like crap in tabloids..."--- *you* try having the paparrazzi follow you around nearly 24/7 looking gaw-juss. Bet ya can't! ;-)
    You've been here long enough to know that this goes on with every show in every forum. She's on the TV, she's fair game. I don't think anyone cares to know her in real life.

Oh, and I'll take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    You've been here long enough to know that this goes on with every show in every forum. She's on the TV, she's fair game. I don't think anyone cares to know her in real life.

Oh, and I'll take that bet.

I know it goes on every forum..... I just got a little riled up...LOL. Someone needed to come to her defense!

As for the bet....heehee

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    Well to a certian degree I agree with you .. but then again .. when you make the choice to be famous at a young age .. and everything you do is reported/watched by the media .. and all they ever have to say is negative stuff .. wouldn't you want to answer them .. wouldn't you want to tell you fans .. no .. it wasn't like that ..

I think that's what she tried to do with this show. I actually like the show, and like that the show protrays her as a real person .. but then .. I have and always will like Britney ..

I think she's fun .. and I hope sincerly for the best for her. But my opinion isn't exactly a popular one here ..
    Although I've never been a Britney fan and I probably never will become one, I do applaud you for standing up for her even though like you said, your "opinion isn't exactly a popular one here." I've never been a fan of hers because I always get this vibe that she's constantly putting on a show for the camera. I always felt that the way she talked and acted was fake. How she says "awwww..." really irked me. I don't mean to compare...but with Jessica's show "Newlyweds," I felt that the way Jessica was portrayed on camera was the way she really was in real life. She doesn't seem like she's putting on an act for the whole world to see. As for Britney, even in her "private" home videos, I felt like she was trying to portray how cute she was, but failed horribly since all I see is how utterly fake, annoying, and immature she was.

I'm not gonna judge her on how good of a mother she will become since it hasn't happened yet. I usually tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, so we'll have to see when baby Britney Federline is born.

This show isnt career suicide, her marrying KFED was career suicide.

Kao
    Actually, I think she will be a good mom; it's what she has always wanted to do and something she has really looked forward to, so I think that she will be fine in that aspect.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    She will be a loving mother, but I wonder about what values this kid is going to learn from the two of them. *shudder*

before she met Kevin she hadn't really been with anyone in a really long time.
    She married Jason Alexander in January 2005 and met Kevin in April; 5 months isn't really what I would call a long time. The fact that she jumped in bed with Kevin right away, into that relationship, into that marriage and into that pregnancy that fast is bothersome because I don't get the feeling that she stopped for a minute to ask herself what the hell she was doing. The future will tell if she made the right choices.
    I think cool is indescribable. It's a feeling, it's a flavor, it's an attitude, it's an honesty. That's cool.
    Vin Diesel

Put up, shut up, go hard or go home.
    Jesse Brinkley

She wasn't 'with' that alexander kid ... they were friends from her home town, and decided to get married on a whim .. not the smartest thing int he world, but lots of people do that in vegas every day. She just happened to be famous.

And by a long time .. I mean her break up with JT that was like 2 years before that whole alexander thing.

But whatever, to each his own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011