+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Article: "Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    And I would hate to be in a position whee the entire world can cast their vote on my every action.
    That's the price you pay when you choose to be famous, it comes with the job. She didn't have to do this show, she chose to get her face on TV again.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I have a feeling this kid will wreck her body, I don't know if she'll recover. Her weight seems to go up and down quite a bit, this might push it over the edge.
    I'm not certain of that. I think one of the reason she took up smoking was to control her weight. I bet she'll smoke like a chimney after her child is born. I will say however, that it's not impossible to regain your figure after having a child. Cyd Charisse (famous dancer in the 1950s-60s) had one of the most amazing bodies you'll ever see -- and her career didn't really start until after her first pregnancy.

I'm sure Britney can get her old figure(the one when she was in her teens) if she just worked out. I read an article somewhere that before she was even pregnant she was really lazy and her personal trainer could not get her to work out. That would explain the ever expanding waistline pre-pregnancy.

"Is 'Chaotic' Career Suicide?"
    Yeah well, fingers crossed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Brittany does look TOO common and she always looks a mess. Every time I see her picture gracing some tabloid or magazine...she looks BAD. Its almost ridiculous.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Opinion

OK, here's my 2 cents... I think Britney acts so immature because she is surrounded by so many "Yes men". Your average person is told to their face as their growing up that they are acting stupid or immature... I don't see that anyone has done that for her (she's their meal ticket after all). Someone needs to just grab that girl and shake some sense into her! Maybe all this negative press will help her realize how she acts?

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    That's the price you pay when you choose to be famous, it comes with the job. She didn't have to do this show, she chose to get her face on TV again.
    Well to a certian degree I agree with you .. but then again .. when you make the choice to be famous at a young age .. and everything you do is reported/watched by the media .. and all they ever have to say is negative stuff .. wouldn't you want to answer them .. wouldn't you want to tell you fans .. no .. it wasn't like that ..

I think that's what she tried to do with this show. I actually like the show, and like that the show protrays her as a real person .. but then .. I have and always will like Britney ..

I think she's fun .. and I hope sincerly for the best for her. But my opinion isn't exactly a popular one here ..
    The greatest thing you will ever learn, is to love and be loved in return. -- Moulin Rouge

I think Britney is rebelling against having to be perfect all the time. Kevin came at the right time to push her over the edge to acting out the way she's acting and potraying herself. Long Break Britney, Go find yourself.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    If Britney was trying to tell the media that she wasn't as dumb as we thought, she severely failed in that respect.

She's not normal - she's underdeveloped for her age, mentally (granted, she has lots of vapid company), and overdeveloped sexually, now that she's acting out. Trying to convince us that she's normal is a fruitless affair, and she really cemented the image of her being dysfunctional by showing all her dirty laundry.

The only thing this show proves is that Britney knows how to exploit her image to get cash.

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    Well to a certian degree I agree with you .. but then again .. when you make the choice to be famous at a young age .. and everything you do is reported/watched by the media .. and all they ever have to say is negative stuff .. wouldn't you want to answer them .. wouldn't you want to tell you fans .. no .. it wasn't like that ..

I think that's what she tried to do with this show. I actually like the show, and like that the show protrays her as a real person .. but then .. I have and always will like Britney ..

I think she's fun .. and I hope sincerly for the best for her. But my opinion isn't exactly a popular one here ..

If it helps, I for one, agree with you.... Personally, I can't believe some of the things said in this thread! It's, like," She does this, she does THAT-- therefore--- BAD PERSON!"-- at least that's what I'm reading...
    I'm a Brit fan, and not ashamed at all to admit it. There seems to be alot of resentment for the fact that she's having a child while having money at the same time, and that makes me laugh. Things like "She's trying to compete....blah blah blah"... Let's face it-- no one here KNOWS her face to face, and chances are none of us ever will. I for one, think she'll be a great mother. Why? Because she never had her own shot at childhood, and will make sure her own child has a great one.

Whether or not we agree with her choice of husband(s), whether or not we *feel* she should have kids, well, she's doing both. And I applaud her for it... If I could make money the way she does, you'd better be DAMN sure I would too!LOL... Oh and special note to the haters who say "She looks like crap in tabloids..."--- *you* try having the paparrazzi follow you around nearly 24/7 looking gaw-juss. Bet ya can't! ;-)

+ Reply to Thread