+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

sorry, my mistake. i just found it surprising that you think that a 23 year old that sleeps with her boyfriend (that she flew to london after he left his pregnant girlfriend) after only knowing him for 5 days - who constantly brings up sex with anybody and everybody - is a good role model for your 11 year old daughter.

The only reason the show got so many ratings was because it was the first episode. People were just tuning in to see what the fuss was all about. If I know my statistics, and I think I do, they dictate that terrible shows that belong in the lowest depths of the garbage bin have a decrease in viewer ratings of 72% by the next episode. Come next wednesday, UPN will be singing another tune.

I also want to note that Jessica Simpson's so-called idiocy is all a show. She's a very smart girl. Smart enough to have played the lovable ditzy card while still seeming grown up and mature about it.

I watched this show periodically while switching back and forth between some hilarious stand up comedy. I thought it was sad. Britney is surrounded by idiots who laugh at the slightest gag. If you think about it, the only people Britney associates with are her "Assistant", hair dresser and dancers. She basically has no real human contact and because of it has herself turned into something non-human.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    sorry, my mistake. i just found it surprising that you think that a 23 year old that sleeps with her boyfriend (that she flew to london after he left his pregnant girlfriend) after only knowing him for 5 days - who constantly brings up sex with anybody and everybody - is a good role model for your 11 year old daughter.

Thank you!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_reaper
    I watched this show periodically while switching back and forth between some hilarious stand up comedy. I thought it was sad. Britney is surrounded by idiots who laugh at the slightest gag. If you think about it, the only people Britney associates with are her "Assistant", hair dresser and dancers. She basically has no real human contact and because of it has herself turned into something non-human.

She literally only has a bunch of yes men/women around her which leaves no room for objectivity. But then again, i couldn't careless for this girl so good for her.:-D
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This show was utterly pathetic and made Britney and Kevin look really uneducated. And it's not because I don't like her, because I did, but I think this show is cheap and if her baby has to watch that in a few years from now, I'd be embarrassed. She doesn't look half ready to raise a child but anyhoo...

To think this guy on TV making a fool of himself is already the father of 2, poor kids. I feel bad for his ex that her children have to be in the spotlight and surrounded by paparazzi all the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I skipped this garbage. I can't wait for the recap, though!!
    Same here, I finally got to scrolling through this forum & its been cracking me up1 My co workers were all talking about it the next morning about how stupid it was, they kept talking about when Britney made a pigface to the camera.

Oh shows like these makes me feel like I'm Einstein.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    you. have. got. to. be. kidding. right?

*whispers* I'm pretty sure he's kidding.

My daughter who lives back east gets these shows before I do and usually gives me a head's up if something crucial comes on and I simply must not miss it. So she called me during HER last ten minutes of the show and insisted I check it out. So I did.

I only want to mention one of the million things wrong with Britney....the way her "accent" slips in and out between "gum-chomp west coast" and "tabakee-chewin' southern trailer trash."

So many of these reality shows are train wrecks that I simply can't not watch. This isn't one of them.

Disclaimer: no offense to west coasters or southerners.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Ratings: UPN's 'Britney and Kevin: Chaotic' disappoints, debuts to only 3.66 million

By Steve Rogers, 05/20/2005

Fewer Americans watched Tuesday's debut of Britney Spears' Britney and Kevin: Chaotic UPN reality show than bought her disappointing 2001 "Britney" album. And despite what UPN's spinmeisters might proclaim, that's not particularly impressive given that compared to the 20 million plus units that her first two albums combined to sell, the controversial singer's "Britney" album has only sold about 4.5 million units.

Despite UPN's previous touting of its landing of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic as a major coup of sorts, the show's one-hour premiere proved to be a largely buzzless bust for the network, with its Tuesday, May 17 9-10PM ET/PT broadcast averaging only 3.66 million viewers, a 1.9/5 rating/share in the Adults 18-49 demographic, and a 2.7/7 rating/share in Adults 18-34.

UPN was quick to trumpet the fact that the debut placed third in its time period among Adults 18-34, second among Women 18-34, and delivered the network's best regular programming performance in the hour since fourteen months ago, however it ignored some other numbers -- starting with the fact that the show ranked dead last among the six broadcast networks (behind even The WB's One Tree Hill) in both total viewers and the Adults 18-49 demographic.

Additionally, the show actually lost about 10% of its audience from its first half-hour to its second, meaning that even some of the few viewers who did tune in for the show quickly tuned out (with a significant amount of them no doubt parents who, having viewed a portion of the program's raunchy sex talk-filled content, took her "if you don't like it, turn the TV off" Diane Sawyer Primetime interview comment to heart.)

As for UPN's time period improvement claim, left unsaid was that despite having the presence of an America's Next Top Model 4 recap special as its lead-in, Britney and Kevin: Chaotic still struggled to significantly outperform the show that has regularly occupied that Tuesday 9PM ET/PT time period since last fall -- the critically-acclaimed (but woefully viewed) Veronica Mars drama that has averaged only 2.36 million viewers a week to rank 185th (out of 199 programs) in the 2004-2005 primetime season rankings (although, in a kudo-deserving move, UPN has renewed the critically-praised Mars for next season.)

Britney and Kevin: Chaotic also came no where near matching the numbers of UPN's America's Next Top Model reality hit, which in averaging 5.13 million viewers during its just-concluded "Cycle 4" run, ranks as the network's most watched series. The pop princess beaten by a bunch of wannabe nobodies? That had to be a blow to the ego.
    The Link

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    The real tragedy here is all these kids that GutterBoy (Kevin, because he looks like something that crawled out of the gutter) has sired will grow up with either a bad father or no father at all.

But, who knows? Maybe one of these kids will grow up to invent the cure for cancer despite the fact that his/her parents are losers.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    The real tragedy here is all these kids that GutterBoy (Kevin, because he looks like something that crawled out of the gutter) has sired will grow up with either a bad father or no father at all.
    Sometimes no father is better than a bad father, especially if the mother is a positive influence. Infortunately, I think his first kids are going to be at a big disadvantage cuz Brit's baby is going to be a celebrity kids with $$, thus a money maker for the father. Call me cynical, but I don't think Kev married Brit for her sweet looks or her brain.

+ Reply to Thread