+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ok .. so I liked it

Ok .. so after reading the reviews here, I expected it to be completely aweful. I don't get UPN so had to wait till it premiered on MTV. But .. actually, I liked it. Most of the stuff that people were complaining about ... I don't get.

To me.. it looked like a girl goofing around and being stupid with her new video camera when she's away from all her friends and family while on tour. Could be an age thing .. but I know a lot of girls who in the rush of new relationships talk about their sex lives with those closest to them ... and like as not when your a performer and are on tour for months at a time, your make up people and your backup dancers are going to be your friends ..

As for everyone saying that Kevin is a sleeze because of the Shar thing .. well I guess I see two sides to that .. the part that believes everything i read in the tabloids see a guy who saw something better than what he had (Britney) and left his pregnant girlfriend to be with her.

The other part of me could see how it would be possible for a couple to be together with someone and have one child .. and maybe they're not a perfect couple an they have problems and they're sorta on and off (fairly common when both people are young) and are trying to work it out or whatever .. and she gets pregnant again. Just because she was pregnant when him and britt got together doesn't mean that they were together when he got together with Britney. There are two sides to every story.

I'm surprised they got married as quickly as they did .. but I for one am trying not to anticipate it ending already. I think that Britney's had her share of things in her life that haven't been the happiest ... she's spent most of her life on the road, performing for other people .. and even if it's something you love .. it takes you away from your friends, and your family .. and it's been published that it helped contribute to the break up of her parent's marriage ..

I think Britney came across as a very real girl in her video .. someone who can be goofy and silly .. someone who really wants to be loved .. someone who was lonely .. and felt a connection/felt happy when Kevin came to visit her ..

All in all -- I hope it doesn't get canceled. I look forward to seeing what happens next week.

As goofy as she was; there was no excuse for that kind of behavior at the age of 23. Now that I think about it, all those that surrounded her on tour were acting just as childish. It could have been the fact they were all yes men, but if I was the makeup guy, I would have told Britney to just shut the hell up.

And irregardless, Britney is not funny. At. All. It's embarraring to watch her goof around. It's okay to goof around when you're cute or funny, but Britney is neither. She has no excuse to act like an idiot, yet she does.

Some people enjoy watching others suffer. But this was unbearable. She is so far removed from reality that she is having paranoid delusions and it is very apparent she is living in her own world. Sure, we're shown that Britney is extremely lonely, but the problem is that she doesn't know how to deal with this loneliness. Not to mention she doesn't seem to recognize she has a serious problem due to her isolation from the real world. It's one thing to watch well rounded people cope with their emotions and problems, but it's gruelling to watch a helpless child like human attempt to deal with complex emotions they barely understand.

Trainwreck to the max. If you enjoy it though, more power to you. I for one am extremely glad it will be cancelled soon and that Britney is seeking professional help. Perhaps other issues can be brought up there about some of her serious mental illness like tendencies.

dietcokegirl, while I don't necessarily agree with your opinions on Britney & Kevin , I do respect your point of view and it takes some guts to openly support this show while everyone else is trashing it! Good on ya!

It may very well be an age thing; at the ripe old age of 34, I cannot comprehend the behavior of many teenagers - but that is how it has always been, no?

I do hope that they both gain some maturity, and maybe becoming parents will force them to (well, Britney anyways; I think Kevin's a lost cause at this point!).

And I'll still watch in the meanwhile ;-)

I don't think people in their 20's are considered teenagers. Or were you just talking in general?

Well I thought she was funny. She seems to have a very good grip on reality if you ask me .. to me it looked like she was laughing at herself a lot of acting like a dork -- and wasn't taking herself too seriously.

As for saying that people who are 23 don't act that way, you are very wrong -- because I know a lot of them that do. I know a lot of people who act stupid and clown around and what have you. If you don't find her funny, or enjoy her particular brand of humor -- then don't watch the show.

As for needing professional help .. I don't think it would hurt her to see someone .. but then again I don't think it would hurt a lot of people to see someone. A lot of people could use someone to talk to about the things that are bothering them .. that they're not sure how to deal with.

(FA edit)

there's nothing 'cute' about her home videos, and at 23 there should have been some 'growth' in maturity in say 5 years

from portions that i've seen of her crappy home videos, i've determined that she is an idiot and she's posessive, and obsessed with that kevin guy and her 'relationship' is doomed for failure...

she can be caught in a motel room with a crackpipe in he mouth and britneyfan will say that we drove her to it

i really hope that once mrs spears has this baby that she really changes and realizes stuff is not all about her and she really decides to be a mom and stop craving the shine of the spotlight and slowly dissapear... but knowing how she is, she wont... she's probably be like other celebs and give the baby a stupid name (in which britneyfan will claim is 'cute') and put her publicist to work. then she'll be kathie lee and think she's the 1st woman in history to ever give birth and then she'll be madonna/jenny mccarthy and write a book, i can see it now...

the only one i feel sorry for is her little sis, she's the spitting image of britney and they've been grooming her for years to do this popstar thing, they through her on tv and i think she's already recording an album... oh gawd another 5-10 years of spears propaganda
    Last edited by Leo; 05-27-2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: No attacks on other members, please.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokegirl
    As for saying that people who are 23 don't act that way, you are very wrong -- because I know a lot of them that do. I know a lot of people who act stupid and clown around and what have you. If you don't find her funny, or enjoy her particular brand of humor -- then don't watch the show.
    The problem is that she splayed her 23 year old immaturity and slovenly ways wide open to an international audience and dared her audience to handle her "truth". Your last sentence echoes Brit But's comments to Diane Sawyer - and apparently her fans, and the TV audience in genreal, don't find her funny or enjoy her particular brand of humor and are not watching. I do not dispute that many 23 year olds act silly, but they are not doing so on an international platform. There are plenty of things that all adults do that are better left to closed doors. Her blowjob on Sleazeboy on the hotel balcony and her grabbing his crotch are just two images that should never have made it to print. Neither Pamela Anderson or Paris Hilton will be proud to show their children their mother's expolits which have been caught on film. Subsitute your own mother for Brit But and then consider how you would feel to see your mother on international tv behaving in this manner, and what crap that you would be getting from your friends. Unfortunatley Brit But is a petrie dish for yet another fame-based emotionaly abusive parent child realtionship.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I'm not much older than Britney and i think she is very immature, even compared to other young-twenty-somethings I know. I finally saw the first episode on MTV. Thanks to the recap from Shazzer and other posters I know what to expect. Britney comes off as very sheltered from reality. She has been cocooned in showbiz for her young adult life and it shows. Sleeping with a guy you picked up in a club a couple of days after you met him (rather he was with Shar at the time or not) and proclaiming to be falling in love is odd ar any age. Thinking that the world wants to know that your are a "Wham Bam Thank-you Mam" is egotisical and delusional. Britney was so desperate for someone that she took the first or easiet thing she could find and set her mind to marrying him and having a baby. She needs some help. If she weren't famous, and just a young woman from Anytown, USA I doubt people would be so quick to defend her behavior.
    There are others terms for Britney's behavior that you would be more likely to hear from other twenty-somethings, and I'm not talking about responsible, inspirational, or admirable. Her life is realistic to a certain segment of the population that may end up on Jerry Springer or other talk shows, but I wouldn't cast all twenty-somethings in there with her. That's insulting.

As for watching the show, this is not an "I love Britney" thread.

Hmmm .. my thread got kinda merged with this one. Originally I had started a seperate one.

I'm not going to run around telling everyone that 'I love Britney' .. but I do think that people are unnecessarily harsh on her. I've been watching her 'grow up' as it were on television since she was 16 years old .. I've watched maybe a bajillion interviews with her, read a lot of different articles, etc and listened to most of her cds. And I've come away with the impression that people are a little too harsh on her, and expect way too much from her.

I can't/wont keep deffending her because clearly my thoughts on the subject are in the minority here. But I like her. I like the show. I think it takes a lot of courage to expose that much of your personal life to other people. And people are going to think whatever they're going to think. And clearly a lot of people have their minds up about what kind of person she is.

I just simply don't agree. I think this is the first time she's been really allowed to make choices on her own .. and if she makes mistakes along the way, she can only grown and mature from them. I wish her all the best.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    dietcokegirl, feel free to express your opinion here. I remember Britney from the Mickey Mouse Club and I remember her having a much stronger singing voice back then. I don't know what happened. Like, Micheal Jackson (an extreme case) the bubble of Hollywood can have an effect on one's maturity and perception of reality. It's different for different people. I feel sorry for Britney, but she is an adult and she does want to share this part of her life with the world. Having dealt with the press before she should be able to deal with this. If I were her, I'd be relieved that ratings are low. That may be a saving grace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011