+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Britney and Kevin, May 17th on UPN

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    While the Newlyweds did wonders for Jessica Simpson, I think that this show will be the end of Britney; or at least the end of the Ideal Sex Goddess image that her handlers have cultivated over the years.

Sex Goddess? Never in MY BOOK!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Im curious, and I most likley will end up watching.
    my avatars

lj credit: demon_chyld

When they're finally divorced, i hope vh1 runs a friggin special about how they go together and how obsessed she seemed with him but that they still ended up divorced anyway. I wish they'd run it everyday just to piss her off.

Can't wait to snark....
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

You can just feel the love in here already!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    I don't TOTALLY agree with you, but your post has made a point, and made me laugh.

And I'll agree... she's no where near as annoying as Paris Hilton. Atleast Britney has a REASON for being famous... What has Paris done? Yes.. a couple of movies... but none that made the theaters
    Give Paris a litte credit, she just had her theater debut in House of Wax. She even said she had the best death scene. Although, I have heard nothing but bad things about the movie. Probably the only reason to see it would be to see her die.

As for the show, I won't be able to bring myself to watch, but I will enjoy the snarkfest here.

FORT Fanatic
    It kinda looks like Britney is starting to be a "has been" and I think what worked for Jessica Simpson is NOT going to work for Britney. Just my opinion. It's funny, but the of the 4 pop stars Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson was probably the least known. Regardless, of what people say her father markerted her the right way. First, they tried the "Christian" thing, then the "pop" thing, which helped and then the "hot dumb blond" which worked the best. People may hate her reality show, but it turned Jessica into a household name. I guess this is more about Jessica then Britney. Because if Britney thinks she can pull a "Jessica" I venture to say NOT. Just my thoughts.

see, the thing about jessica was that she's was a B list celeb prior to her reality show. letting us have a glimpse into her life with nick made her look kinda normal and approachable... and definitely made her likeable, which shot her celebrity status quickly from B list to top of the A list.

britney is likely making a mistake in this show, and like someone mentioned before, she seems to be sacrificing her celeb status for her husband's sake. and she probably doesn't care right now, but when they divorce and she's got to try and truck it back up to the top of the A list, i figure she'll find it's a lot more difficult to do this time. i think the glimpse we're going to get into britney's and kevin's life isn't going to make her more likeable in our eyes (though i admit i could totally be wrong). instead, i think it's going to make the viewers think she's a low class nutter.

and mmmmmmm, that's good tv!

FORT Fanatic
    Sher, your post was better then mine. You hit the nail on the head. Jessica may be dumb, but not toally. I'm sure some is an act, and some is real. Jessica's reality show made her likeable, even though she was ditzy. I could be wrong, but I think Britney's show will be a tragedy. Another thing Britney spears was originally casted for dukes of hazzards(sp) but Jessica got the role. That was a big blow.

I think at best, Britney re-introduced the blonde diva after Madonna started falling off that role. She cut back the bramble, so to speak, from the path of celebrity for aspiring blonde pop stars, so she paved the way for Christina, Jessica, Hilary, and all the other multitudes of diva wannabes. That will ultimately be her small role in history, and we'll all move on once we've forgotten about her.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Should be. If you got cable in Canada then most likely you have UPN as a station.
    A lot of UPN shows show up on the New VR or other CITY channels.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast