+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce 11/12 - What About The Children?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2149504;
    He screwed around with another woman!!!!! I never seen that, when was this?
    That is one of the reasons they are in therapy, Danny had an affair with another woman behind Gretchens back.

He admits it in Dr Garrys office early in season 1 of the show.... he also talked about it on his radio show

Gretchen is having a hard time dealing with it or trusting him again so the fact that he is now sleeping in the guest bedroom is his own freaking fault.

Gretchen could have easily thrown in the towel and divorced the idiot, he is an alcoholic, drug addict AND a cheater!
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 11-20-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2149565;
    That is one of the reasons they are in therapy, Danny had an affair with another woman behind Gretchens back.

He admits it in Dr Garrys office early in season 1 of the show.... he also talked about it on his radio show

Gretchen is having a hard time dealing with it or trusting him again so the fact that he is now sleeping in the guest bedroom is his own freaking fault.

Gretchen could have easily thrown in the towel and divorced the idiot, he is an alcoholic, drug addict AND a cheater!

I agree, see I didn't watch much of the first season and I've just recently started watching it but it sounds like he doesn't even deserve her but he's a drug addict to?

Hi guys, there is room to discuss the show in the discussion thread, not the recap thread. Thanks.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Brandy, once again you've outdone yourself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    My heart goes out to the kids most of all. Kids grow up early in this town. What happens when Isabella hits the age Nicole Richie began partying? Which would be...about a year from now, for Isabella. And how about her relationships - with friends, with other women, and in future romances? Who will she emulate? I so want to hear that both children are in some type of counseling, but, there is no notion of that on this ‘show’. Is this family all in 12 step groups? Al-Anon, Al-ATeen, Codependents Anonymous? Plenty of programs out there. Addiction and mental illness affect the entire family - to paraphrase Blond Kristin, "Together, and separately". Danny and Gretchen's wretched love story is not the vital issue here. Does even little Dante have a place to vent his feelings? Child psychiatrists would be able to tell how he’s handling all this. And what'll happen when Isabella steps into the minefield of her approaching teenage years?
    I was thinking the exact same kinds of things as I read your recap and I shudder to think of where these two cute kids will be in five years or so. Their parents suck; Gretchen and Danny truly suck. I worry about those two kids and all the other kids around the country who are vulnerable and living with addicted, selfish, sick parents like Danny and Gretchen.

I have no cable and don't watch this show but I look forward to your thorough recaps and I really appreciate your efforts, girl!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Brandy, my hat's off to you for watching this inhuman show about 2 prima donnas treating their children inhumanely and yet presenting the show in an evenhanded way. I don't think I could do it. Thank you!!

FORT Newbie

Screwed around

I watched some of the earlier episodes. I do remember something about screwing around, but I think it was because his wife never wanted to do it with him. Not that its an excuse or anything.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2149504;
    He screwed around with another woman!!!!! I never seen that, when was this?
    That was one of the first season's debacles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12