+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

Remember the lovable red headed boy from the Partridge Family? Well, this isn't him! VH1 has been showing previews but I can't find anything on their site about it. The show premiers on September 11th. Here's an editorial I found about it. Sorry I couldn't find any more information. I think I'm giong to be watching. Like Danny is quoted in the article, comparing his life to a car wreck: "You have every right to slow down and look” at the wreck.

I blame Bravo and “Being Bobby Brown.” Because people were so enthralled to see the everyday life of one former R&B bad boy and his former pop princess wife, we now are bombarded with “reality” TV shows about people who have no concept of reality.

Probably the genesis for this latest craze lies at the Ozzy and Sharon’s feet, but that show was just a hoot to watch and no one dared call it reality … so, I’m going to continue to blame Bravo. Which pains me. I’m a fan of Bravo. Who doesn’t love “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” and the latest incarnations of their “Moms and Dads” series? “Show dogs Moms and Dads” was by far the weirdest one.

But this latest evolution of “reality” TV from real people in fake situations to fake people in real situations is so played out that HBO and Showtime have already had (and canceled) fake shows about reality shows about mostly fake actresses (“Fat Actress” and “The Comeback” anyone?).

Apparently, no one told VH1 or Danny Bonaduce, he of the long, long ago “Partridge Family” fame....

To read the full commentary, click on the link below.
    http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/...hp?itemid=1728
    Last edited by agamergirl; 08-26-2005 at 11:55 PM. Reason: left Bonaduce out of title
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Newbie
    This is going to be one of the all time great reality shows. Remember the show was once called being Bonaduce and there was so much drama that the are now calling it Breaking Bonaduce.

FORT Newbie
    I sorta feel this is a little forced. Not by VH1, but by Danny. Like it is a little "Hey how can I get press".

BUT I love a great train wreck!!!

So did anyone besides me watch this show? Its not bad... I was stunned to see how insecure Danny is...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    So did anyone besides me watch this show? Its not bad... I was stunned to see how insecure Danny is...
    I just watched it...I've always been a big fan of Danny's....I've always liked his no holds barred opinions and his ability to laugh at himself but tonight I found myself really feeling like he is out of control and he doesn't know "how" to stop the trainwreck! I believe he loves his children and doesn't want to hurt them emotionally but I think it is Danny's own self destructive behavior that is going to ram that train into the train station if someone don't jump on there quickly and help him!!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

lei
    FORT Fogey
    i was the world's biggest PF fan so i had to watch.

fascinating, scary, touching, weird, and seemingly honest -- for tv at least, though i can't believe they're doing it on tv. but then again i'm watching this trainwreck. and i will next week too. oy!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I just watched it...I've always been a big fan of Danny's....I've always liked his no holds barred opinions and his ability to laugh at himself but tonight I found myself really feeling like he is out of control and he doesn't know "how" to stop the trainwreck! I believe he loves his children and doesn't want to hurt them emotionally but I think it is Danny's own self destructive behavior that is going to ram that train into the train station if someone don't jump on there quickly and help him!!!!!
    i totally agree, I'd have said the same thing but not as well. What got me is he knows he is weak cause he is a recovering addict and abuser of both drugs and alcohol and was begging his wife to come to vegas, it seemed to me he was trying to tell her he needed her there to keep him grounded.She just basically blew him off. after 15 years of being with him she hasn't figured him out yet. As for the affair... its why most men do it, cause they ain't getting it at home, not saying its always the wifes fault, but its the excuse they use to make it right in their head to do that. Also it looks like he gets hooked on body building and striods, what with the anger problems they previewed for things to come.

Oh by the way...last month I read in a radio trade magazine that he had checked into a rehab and got out around the first of July and lost his job at the radio station.

gaby - it's unbelievable how insecure all actors (and actresses) really are. Even the most beautiful and/or talented/accomplished. That just seems to never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Oh by the way...last month I read in a radio trade magazine that he had checked into a rehab and got out around the first of July and lost his job at the radio station.
    I had saw Danny interviewed in the last couple of weeks.. maybe on E!... he was saying that he went into this "thinking" it was going to be one thing... and ended up having basically a complete mental meltdown instead.

Yet I think he comes out on the otherside of this better grounded. I was just happy to see that its not some fluff "reality" show... but I was surprise that he has a open mind about letting his daughter do the acting thing.

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    What got me is he knows he is weak cause he is a recovering addict and abuser of both drugs and alcohol and was begging his wife to come to vegas, it seemed to me he was trying to tell her he needed her there to keep him grounded.She just basically blew him off. after 15 years of being with him she hasn't figured him out yet.
    No, she has figured him out very well. Gretchen refused to go because this was something Danny had to do on his own. He is 45 years old and shouldn't need a chaperon. If a man needs a babysitter to make sure he doesn't drink or fool around, then that is a marriage with absolutely no trust.

This was a test of sorts for Danny, and he did very well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast