+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    The fact that he attempted suicide shows that he is unstable and has a lottt of problems.
    I think that he was trying to make a point but I don't think that he tried to commit suicide. He cut his wrists horizontally not vertically. I'll have to see that episode tonight to see what he says about it but on the ad he just said that he "cut his wrists". Some people cut themselves to relive stress.

He's also on a bunch of different stuff and I'm sure that he was irrational at the time.

I do feel bad for his kids. He loves them but they will feel guilty for his craziness as most kids do that have whacked out parents. All the turmoil in the house must really affect them.
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Wow. I came across this train wreck of a show by accident. I cannot believe how messed up Danny is. I caught the suicide show and found it incredibly sick and heartbreaking.

I think the most disturbing scene of the entire show was when he explained to his daughter how he hurt himself "replacing windows." Then he actually re-enacted it.

It reminded me of the story that was told in my town about the local mafia kingpin. His daughter accidentally strangled herself while standing on a chair, washing windows. They had a huge compound with tons of employees, and everyone knew she wouldn't be caught dead washing windows. Oh, wait. Maybe she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    About the "transvestite hooker incident".

I read Danny's book Random Acts of Badness (I was curious, so sue me) and if I remember correctly he says that he was just giving the he/she a ride in his car. She/he came on to him and when Danny realized that he/she was packing it pissed him off.

I heard him say in a radio interview that "while he supports a woman’s' right to accessorize he draws the line at a penis".
    I'll have to read that book.

"Just giving the hooker a ride" though. Come on. You believe that? Lol. Since when is Danny a taxi service?

Eddie Murphy used that same excuse. I do believe Danny didn't realise it was a man, though. I believe taht much of it anyway.

I saw a website somewhere that said it happened in 1990, does anyone know when they were married? In any case I doubt this was Danny's first go round at the cuckold-her-o-rama. Just a hunch!

I did see another page where someone said they ran into Danny in a red light district. They did not however report him actually doing anything but walking around. However what is a person doing in a red light district in the wee hours? This was apparently years ago. Wish I could find a link.

Anyway anytime someone's on drink or drugs their judgment is impaired. Plus in my experience usually the over-jealous guys are the guiltiest of cheating.

About him being a terrible person - I for one didn't say that. I've said they both seem like OK people deep down, just mixed up and haunted. I'd like to see the shrink get into her childhood and past and why she'd marry someone on the first date, or put up with... I've seen her interviewed in past years saying that she used to lie down in front of his car to keep him from going out to get drugs. This all ain't nothin' new.

ummm this Bonaduce guy needs help
    "Take a break, Eat a cookie"
    Lisa from ANTM5

And the freak show continues..'Suicide attempt' my butt. He just did that to torture his wife some more, and buy some more time with her since she finally came to her senses and asked for a divorce. Who is he kidding? A 50 year old man with his past would KNOW how to kill himself, and get the job done. This little cutting of the wrists is just another one of his games. How sad for Gretchen, and especially the kids.

FORT Fan
    He was on a latenight show recently explaining that he didn't actually try to kill himself.

I think his wife plays on his weaknesses. Since Danny hates himself anyway, he can't fault her for her analyses of him. However, I am not concluding that Danny is innocent!

I'm glad he did not tell his daughter that he deliberately cut himself.

I can't believe how much of a jerk he is! Why has Gretchen stayed married to him? I would have been long gone. He's a control freak with an uncontrolable rage. What a train wreck.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    And the freak show continues..'Suicide attempt' my butt. He just did that to torture his wife some more, and buy some more time with her since she finally came to her senses and asked for a divorce. Who is he kidding? A 50 year old man with his past would KNOW how to kill himself, and get the job done. This little cutting of the wrists is just another one of his games. How sad for Gretchen, and especially the kids.
    This show is so disturbing I can't even believe it. The guy is so destructive and in some weird way, he seems proud of it. And the therapist seems pretty worthless. Danny needs someone like Dr. Phil who will kick his a** and make him grow up and face down his ridiculous delusions. That fake quasi suicide attempt was an awful attempt at control. Talk about torturing someone you "love"!!
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

I totally agree with you, Gardenia36. I just now caught the episode of her 'stripper' birthday, and Danny is certainly an extremely angry, volatile, controlling man. I think the two of them have fallen into a terrible routine of manipulating each other, all the while making it look like the other is at fault. Their relationship seems sick and wrong for everyone involved, especially the children. I understand he has shot steroids on camera in previous epsiodes...why is it that no one is pointing out how irrational/out-of-control steroids make people? Everyone involved in this show seems to think his outbursts are entertaining and humorous. This show simply gave me the creeps. I won't be watching any more of this. *shudder*
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

It seems like Danny keeps saying he knows he's a train wreck. Yes, he needs a GOOD therapist not one on TV who doesn't seem to be digging at Danny's inner demons. When you're self-destructive like he is and you don't feel your life is worth anything to you or anybody else, those issues are buried. Has Dr. Greg ever talked about Danny's childhood? Or why he feels that his life is so worthless he needs to use drugs & alcohol to escape the reality of it? Do you think therapy can recapture self-worth?
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

+ Reply to Thread