+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

jasmar, your post had me chuckling at first, then wanting to extend sympathies.

And you're right - narcissists and sociopaths have the lowest rate of success in psychiatric treatment. Maybe cos deep down they really do love themselves as is? (I dunno on that one...)

An old interview with Danny: http://www.cmongethappy.com/interviews/db

Something I've wondered about during this show. I keep seeing the ads saying this, too. "If he hadn't asked if I'd ever had an affair..."

Weren't Danny and Gretchen married in 1987?

And the transvestite hooker 'incident' was in 1990? Surely Gretchen knew about that, if we do? So...

His cheating is news to her?? (or to him) I can't see how that was a revelation, since Gretchen already knew about his longtime affair too from the letters? Parts of this show do feel contrived. (Yes, sometimes I do state the obvious!).

Last edited by Brandy; 10-04-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    Bi Polar~ Bi Schmolar, The man is whacked out of his mind. He's 50 years old, if he hasn't figured out how to well by now, he never will. He literally tortures his wife and kids with his ridiculous behaviors & it's downright cruel to continue to put them through that hell everyday.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    I keep seeing the ads saying this, too. "If he hadn't asked if I'd ever had an affair..."
    I have seen this too, and I always think: Maybe if he hadn't HAD an affair, this question wouldn't have been a big deal! He needs to take responsibility for himself. It just bugs me whenever I see this commercial where he blames it on the question instead of his action.

"Weren't Danny and Gretchen married in 1987?
    And the transvestite hooker 'incident' was in 1990? Surely Gretchen knew about that, if we do? So...
    His cheating is news to her?? (or to him) I can't see how that was a revelation, since Gretchen already knew about his longtime affair too from the letters? Parts of this show do feel contrived. (Yes, sometimes I do state the obvious!)."

I thought that they have only been married for 15 years. They hooked up after the "tranny" incident. They were on a blind date. He wanted to have sex with her. She said that she was a christian and didn't believe in premarital sex. So they drove to Vegas and got married and knowing each other only 7 hours.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    I have seen this too, and I always think: Maybe if he hadn't HAD an affair, this question wouldn't have been a big deal! He needs to take responsibility for himself. It just bugs me whenever I see this commercial where he blames it on the question instead of his action.

Ugh, that made me mad too. If only you hadn't asked...are you kidding me?

If only Gretchen hadn't married your dumb cheating ass, how about that?
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

transvestite hooker incident

About the "transvestite hooker incident".

I read Danny's book Random Acts of Badness (I was curious, so sue me) and if I remember correctly he says that he was just giving the he/she a ride in his car. She/he came on to him and when Danny realized that he/she was packing it pissed him off.

I heard him say in a radio interview that "while he supports a woman’s' right to accessorize he draws the line at a penis".
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

I've missed all but one episode. I need to watch this show.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

LKH
    This guy needs lockdown mental health assistance before he kills himself or someone else. I am absolutely opposed to divorce most of the time, but I think Gretchen needs to get herself and the kids away from him. He is seriously sick, and until he gets help he can only keep hurting her and the kids, in ways those kids will never get over.

L

Wow, tough crowd. I don't think Danny's a bad guy, just really screwed up, which he readily admits. Jasmar, I feel for you! I dated a evil-genius narcissist. Awful personality disorder. It don't see any of his traits in Danny, though. If we're going to diagnose (and why not, I say), I'd go with bipolar.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Wow, tough crowd. I don't think Danny's a bad guy, just really screwed up, which he readily admits. Jasmar, I feel for you! I dated a evil-genius narcissist. Awful personality disorder. It don't see any of his traits in Danny, though. If we're going to diagnose (and why not, I say), I'd go with bipolar.

I agree. I don't think he's the most horrible man in the world. But I do think he needs personal therapy first and foremost. The fact that he attempted suicide shows that he is unstable and has a lottt of problems. He's probably depressed as hell. People go through rough times and I think he just needs to stop drinking firstly and get some therapy to work through problems that don't have anything to do with his wife and have to do with unresolved issues that he hasn't dealt with. I hope they can make it-I think they love each other truly.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread