+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

I can't wait to see what happens this week, but I wonder if there going to end up getting along again and sleeping in the same bedroom soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2157542;
    I agree that he's been totally over the top, but I also know that if everyone in my own life had written me off because of the crap I pulled in my 20s, I'd have no husband, no kids, no family, and no friends right now. I'm really hoping (and praying) that his experience with Christ is real, because that his only hope at this point. He's too far gone, over an entire lifetime, to manage the facade we all hold up that he can pull himself together. Sometimes he repulses me, a lot of his behavior is reprehensible, and the people close to him do need to draw and maintain loving boundaries, but I can't sit here and judge him from my own tattered throne.
    I know what you mean jasmar... lots of people did stupid things in their 20's and thank god everyone didnt write them off and turn their backs.

But Danny isnt in his 20's anymore... Gretchen has been with him for 15 yrs.... she is tired of him acting like a dumb 20 yr old.... it's time for him to grow up now like the rest of us!
    When you are in your 20's people can accept that you are young and making mistakes, when you are in your 40's people expect you to behave accordingly.

Danny needs to wake up and realize he isnt the KID anymore... he HAS KIDS... the time for it to be all about him and his "hang-ups" etc is over.... it's time for him to be the grown-up now and help his kids through adolescence, not the other way around.

Sheesh, most of the time his little daughter Isabelle acts more mature than he does.... that isnt fair.... she needs a dad and if Danny really loves his kids like he says he does he will get his "sex addiction" crap under control.
    I mean think about it.... he is so interested in sex with other women that he is ready to let it ruin his life with his children. UGH! thats just disgusting

I agree Danny is really immature for his age and Gretchen's tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2158723;
    I know what you mean jasmar... lots of people did stupid things in their 20's and thank god everyone didnt write them off and turn their backs.

But Danny isnt in his 20's anymore... Gretchen has been with him for 15 yrs.... she is tired of him acting like a dumb 20 yr old.... it's time for him to grow up now like the rest of us!
    When you are in your 20's people can accept that you are young and making mistakes, when you are in your 40's people expect you to behave accordingly.

Danny needs to wake up and realize he isnt the KID anymore... he HAS KIDS... the time for it to be all about him and his "hang-ups" etc is over.... it's time for him to be the grown-up now and help his kids through adolescence, not the other way around.

Sheesh, most of the time his little daughter Isabelle acts more mature than he does.... that isnt fair.... she needs a dad and if Danny really loves his kids like he says he does he will get his "sex addiction" crap under control.
    I mean think about it.... he is so interested in sex with other women that he is ready to let it ruin his life with his children. UGH! thats just disgusting
    I totally agree. His wife fully needs to 1) decide what her boundaries are with him; 2) set them; and 3) abide by them. But his behavior also doesn't excuse her from her own responsibility to behave like a mature grownup. When she sets her boundaries, for example, she needs to decide what the point is: Is she really hoping to repair/restore the relationship? If so, she needs to have concrete criteria that he (and she) needs to meet before a, b, or c can happen. If not, she needs to stop enabling/stringing him along and cut the cord.

I'm hoping she goes with the first choice. But she's as messed up as he is (he's just more honest about it), so I have my doubts.

I've known quite a few people who have alientated basically everyone in their lives before having their lives changed by Christ - even in their 30s, 40s, and 60s (my dad!). That's why I'm uncomfortable slamming Danny too much - not because his behavior isn't deplorable, but because I hurt for the human dignity buried underneath.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

What did Danny do exactly to get kicked out of his house?

It was never really covered in specific. I try and cover it in that week's recap, (not that you have to read it!) and the extras from VH1 that week go into a bit more detail also. But no real specific reason is given per se. One thing they did say later is that Gretchen was just real tired and needed a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2163206;
    It was never really covered in specific. I try and cover it in that week's recap, and the extras from VH1 that week go into a bit more detail also. But no real specific reason is given per se. One thing they did say later is that Gretchen was just real tired and needed a break.
    Oh, so she was just like sick and tired of Danny and the way he was acting.

Basically, that's what it seemed like, although I think the suddenness of it took him by surprise.

Well I hope Gretchen and Danny are able to have a happy holiday season with their kids at least and put their differences aside.

Somehow I have a bad feeling that the holidays will only add to their problems.... all the drinking and partying associated with the season not to mention the *kissing* tradition on New Years eve

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2163788;
    Well I hope Gretchen and Danny are able to have a happy holiday season with their kids at least and put their differences aside.

Somehow I have a bad feeling that the holidays will only add to their problems.... all the drinking and partying associated with the season not to mention the *kissing* tradition on New Years eve
    Yeah, very true I'd say he'll party alot.

+ Reply to Thread