+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

It does seem like there is an echo chamber where Gretchen's heart ought to be. I know she's been through a lot with Danny etc, but she's known how he is from the start really. She once said in an interview (years ago, I saw it on a tv thingy) "I knew if I married him and got him under control we'd have a good life together, and we have". Or, something real similar at least.

In other words, don't bother her too much, give her money to spend and she's cool. BUT we can't forget Danny chooses her, too. Why IS he in love with her, he knows by now she's not going to change either. I think he LIKES being with someone who feesl the same about him as he does i.e. doesn't like him much. I also think he likes that she is a teetotaler or at least a non partier, straight arrow (well compared to him) as I think he'd feel totally at sea with someone just like he is (and literally was, with his first wife).

Her hard nose personality somehow makes him feel secure.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-bigel View Post
    No, she has figured him out very well. Gretchen refused to go because this was something Danny had to do on his own. He is 45 years old and shouldn't need a chaperon. If a man needs a babysitter to make sure he doesn't drink or fool around, then that is a marriage with absolutely no trust.

This was a test of sorts for Danny, and he did very well.
    Exactly...... Gretchen has 2 small children to worry about she shouldnt have to babysit her 45 yr old husband.... time for Danny to grow-up and take responsibility.

And if he has to have Gretchen with him to "keep" him from cheating with some bar slut then whats the use?

She is caring for her childrens well being because their welfare is important to her.... Danny needs to do the same and put his children and family life ahead of his juvenile desire for attention and thrills.

It was a good test for him and a good learning experience .... when forced into behaving on his own he found out that he IS capable of making the correct decision... and if that means that he has to drive home and leave the temptation behind for the time being so be it..... hopefully as time passes he will be able to handle it differently and go back to his hotel room alone

What are these two (Gretchen and Danny) doing now?

Does Danny do drugs or what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2137520;
    Does Danny do drugs or what does he do?

From what i have seen he takes prescription narcotics (painkillers) and he has injected himself with steroids on the show.

He has a huge problem with alcohol as well.

The guy has an anger problem and the LAST thing he needs is steroids!

It's so stupid, he goes on and on about how he loves his kids but he just can't seem to put them first for very long and goes back to his booze or drugs when things start to bug him.

If he doesnt clean up his act..... he'll probably have a stroke or heart attack in the next couple years.... he smokes like a chimney and has high blood pressure.

I just found out today on another thread that he cheated on his wife so I think he doesn't even deserve her but it's hard telling what he would do without her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2149771;
    I just found out today on another thread that he cheated on his wife so I think he doesn't even deserve her but it's hard telling what he would do without her.
    I agree, I think the only thing that is keeping Danny from OD'ing or really going off the deep end is Gretchen and his kids.

The guy needs to take a good long look in the mirror and accept that he is a middle aged, married man with children who depend on him, he needs to accept that HIS day has past..... it isnt all about Danny anymore!
    He needs to smarten up and change his priorities.... before it's too late.

Unfortunately Danny probably won't realize what he had till it's gone.

That's true, I mean he should be happy even being in his home considering the fact that he cheated on his wife, but that was ridiculous, his kid told him he was a marshmellow and he went into a boxing ring and fought a pro. heavyweight, just to prove he wasn't a marshmellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2150228;
    That's true, I mean he should be happy even being in his home considering the fact that he cheated on his wife, but that was ridiculous, his kid told him he was a marshmellow and he went into a boxing ring and fought a pro. heavyweight, just to prove he wasn't a marshmellow.
    Hes done a lot of pretty bad things. Hes disrespectful to his wife, his friends, just about everyone. Its all about Danny.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Who knows, maybe he's a changed man now but I don't think so.

+ Reply to Thread