+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

Thanks, CatsEye & gardenia!

And - that was a very interesting interview. I love Kevin & Bean anyway... they somehow get their guests to be very relaxed and just talk like a mic isn't there... well as much as can be. The guests seem to genuinely like those guys.
    Last edited by Brandy; 11-22-2005 at 07:00 AM.

I know this has been brought up before...but how in the hell did Danny get all of his money? With his house, cars & addictions he has spent a LOT of $$$$$$$. Where did it come from?

The Partridge Family?
    Radio DJ?

FORT Fanatic
    He has written a book, too - but I don't know if that got him very much cash.
    I'd also be interested to know where he got his $$.

HA HA HAA!! WOW!! *faints*

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Those photoshops are dead on, Brandy!

Listened to the KROQ interview. Danny was witty and self-deprectating as usual. He seems to respect Gretchen because of her extreme control. Like she's his rock. Sucks that being his rock also comes with being cold and hard. I don't call that a marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    Those photoshops are dead on, Brandy!

Listened to the KROQ interview. Danny was witty and self-deprectating as usual. He seems to respect Gretchen because of her extreme control. Like she's his rock. Sucks that being his rock also comes with being cold and hard. I don't call that a marriage.
    That's true. I bet a ton of marriages are like theirs. In general, guy wanting sex, women not interested. Ends up being a power struggle with rude statements and grumbling. Both people trying to find other outlets to cope. Aahhh, the human condition.

LKH
    A couple thoughts. First off, if you've never lived with an addictive person, you can't appreciate the way their craziness controls your life. It's hard not to resent it because as long as you're with them, your emotions and your financial well-being is on the roller coaster with them, like it or not. They hit the skids, you're on the skids with them. They crash the car, you'll take the hit from the lawsuit, and you'll probably get to be nursemaid while they get over it. They are emotionally unstable, demanding, and they often use their disease to control other people, as we've seen Danny do time and again in this.

I think Gretchen's "coldness" is her way of coping with that. If you want to stay sane, programs like alanon, for loved ones of people with substance abuse problems, will tell you that you HAVE to detach, let their problem be their problem as much as you can. AND I think she's a very smart cookie to immediately get the finances under her own control, because NOBODY who is on a crash course with substance abuse, particularly combined with bipolar disorder, is going to be trustworthy with money. She has the kids to think about.

Add to that, I think she's very angry with him because of the things he's put her through. I don't blame her. But if she wants to make the marriage work, then she's gonna have to work some of that anger out, and definitely loosen up sexually. It could be she has issues we don't know about that make that difficult, but if she's asking him to give up booze, drugs, and cheating, then she has to be there for him in emotional ways he can receive.

L

You know what worries me???

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW ALL THIS STUFF SOOO GOOD!?!

It's like you guys are experts at analyzing this stuff, as if *shutters* you guys have experienced the same things in your lives.

I'm joking around ofcourse, but yah, I love reading your stuff. It's like consulting with pyschologists or something. We are doing it free, but that creepy Garry guy is getting paid for it.

Now THAT'S scary.

LKH
    The funny thing is, I actually have come to like and care about both of them. If he can pull himself out of the self-destructive rut, I would root for the marriage to survive all this. If he can't, then she needs to get the kids out of the way, because if he doesn't stop drinking and doping, he is going to die.

The odds are incredibly against him. AA stats say only about 30% of addicts who enter rehab actually die sober. Add in bipolar disorder and the chaos he's obviously so used to he doesn't know how to live any other way, and he's got a hell of a mountain to climb. I hope he can do it. And if she's stayed with him this long, she also has issues she has to deal with if she's ever going to help him.

L

chris - LOL - now here's the shocker!

We were all once married to Danny!

:cue Halloween horror music:

+ Reply to Thread