+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

I think I'm gonna be hooked on this show. I felt kinda bad for Danny and the previews for the rest of the seasonhad me sitting there with my mouth wide open.
    Last edited by biggbaddgirl; 09-12-2005 at 10:28 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Oh by the way...last month I read in a radio trade magazine that he had checked into a rehab and got out around the first of July and lost his job at the radio station.
    Oh, I hate to hear that he lost his job....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Oh, I hate to hear that he lost his job....

yes, i live in LA, and danny was one of the star 98.7 morning show hosts (the jamie & danny show), and i remember him going off to rehab. then, a couple of weeks later when he was supposed to be back suddenly they debuted a new morning show team: jamie, jack & stench. jack & stench previously were the "sidekick" guys (stench's real name is mike, and he was shown on the last episode of bonaduce, sort of leading danny into temptation... ), but now are co-hosts. everyone is buzzing about what happened behind-the-scenes, and lo-and-behold, this show is going to tell us. i feel badly, but am glad my curiousity is going to be sated.

Well if Stench was leading Danny astray, and later ended up with Danny's job... doesn't look very nice for Stench.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    i totally agree, I'd have said the same thing but not as well. What got me is he knows he is weak cause he is a recovering addict and abuser of both drugs and alcohol and was begging his wife to come to vegas, it seemed to me he was trying to tell her he needed her there to keep him grounded.She just basically blew him off. after 15 years of being with him she hasn't figured him out yet. As for the affair... its why most men do it, cause they ain't getting it at home, not saying its always the wifes fault, but its the excuse they use to make it right in their head to do that...
    My jaw dropped when she said she wasn't gonna have sex because "I'm more evolved than that." Fine, lady. Then don't gripe and moan and call your hubby a sex addict when he takes a mistress. An evolved person should be sophisticated enough to handle that.

giz
    I gotta say, I wonder about the wife. According to Danny, they go out on a blind date, he gets drunk, makes a pass, she says "I can't have unmarried sex, I'm a Christian", then agrees to get married right then and there. The lady is either a gold-digger or a little nutty herself, if you ask me.

After watching part of the episode today, I've come to the conclusion that the wife is a wee bit off.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    After watching part of the episode today, I've come to the conclusion that the wife is a wee bit off.
    As far as I can tell, Gretchen may be more than a "wee bit off". Look at how their marriage began, as well as this thing she has (at the time of the taping of this show, at least) about not having sex with her husband, among some other stuff I noticed about her, as of this last episode.

As for Danny, I've started pulling for him to finally get himself together, as I watch this show. I remember when he was here in the Chicago area some time ago, and I got to know a bit about him, from him being on the air. Outside of his personal problems/"devils", I have long thought that Danny is a very intelligent, articulate, and often witty and humorous person. He sort of reminds me of Robert Downey, Jr., but without the professional acclaim that Downey has achieved, despite his own problems.

I give VH1 credit for attempting to show some stark reality with this show, and the case of Danny Bonaduce. Bravo took a stab at it with Bobby Brown, and "Being Bobby Brown". But, I didn't see much serious work going on (on-screen) WRT the dysfunction surrounding him, his wife and family. I just hope that, in the end, "Breaking Bonaduce" does Danny, his wife, and family some good. But, in the meantime, what's up with these (so-called) "therapy" sessions in the episodes? These sessions seem so fake, to me. Danny, Gretchen, and their kids need some REAL therapeutic treatment.

Cat

I've always liked Danny and I enjoyed the show...wow,he has had some tough times in his life(what is it with all these child stars who have problems like his?seems like the "too much too soon" syndrome)This is a show I think I will watch again,since it's actually very good and portrays him in an honest light.He makes no bones about the fact that he has had problems but it seems to me he wants to make things right in his life.My husband,who really HATES reality tv,likes this show and is watching it with me.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Bonaduce is a Bonadouchebag! Seriously, the dude is psychotic. He likes playing around with the girlies and disregards his wifes feelings but he doesn't like it when his wife gets attention from other men. He's a hypocrite and i'm afraid that no amount of therapy will save him from his demons.
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

+ Reply to Thread