+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bonaduce (VH1)

FORT Newbie
    Hello-

I did a little research on Dr. Garry; he must be good at some kinds of therapy, but on this show, he sure bugs me...

"Dr. Garry is a psychologist / psychotherapist and sexuality educator, a graduate of (and former professor at) Antioch University; his training includes psychology, immunology and behavioral medicine."

Also, in the mid nineties his practice was largely devoted to gay men with HIV. Good on him, I say; but I do wonder if he's all about male sexuality and kinda brings that to the table in straight couples marital counseling?

It seems that Gretchen's unwillingness to be physically demonstrative has been a real pattern with her in this marriage, that was going on long, long before "the affair" so why hasn't Dr. G. addressed that, or pushed her to unravel the reasons, instead of the constant focus on Danny's libido, his problems, his drama while ignoring the passive aggressive and frosty way Gretchen behaves, too?

Yep - he bugs me...

Of course, what we see is also edited for various reasons, so who the heck knows.

Cheers-
    CatsEye

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    When Danny says something for shock value, Dr. Garry should be calling him on it instead of saying his usual "Ohhhhhh, Danny..." shaking his head in defeat. He totally buys into Gretchen's lame excuses as the reasons for not wanting Danny. He just lets her off the hook instead of finding out what her problem is. Looks like she is just setting Danny up to be the one to end the marriage to ensure that she looks like the good guy to her children. She's very careful about not bad-mouthing him to her friends on camera, and calling him "sweetheart" when he gets upset with her, and acting so very concerned and so very devoted. It's like she's trying to create evidence in her favor on camera. She is so transparent. I don't think she even likes him, and she acts like he disgusts her. It's so aggravating to see them going to a counselor who never comes near getting to the bottom of things. Probably because that would be the last session.

Did you both listen to the radio interview I linked to a bit ago (few pages back I think)? It's very revealing. Danny says that Gretchen loves Dr Garry, and he also said that as soon as he (Danny) told Gretchen he'd been seeing another woman for six months, the first thing she did was to phone their attorney and have all the financial stuff changed so the other woman couldn't get a penny (I believe she had everything put in her own - Gretchen's - name); and Danny if he left would be put on an allowance. Cha-ching! Priorities?

In this week's ep they were apparently discussing a what-if scenario of divorce. Danny said "Just give me a million dollars" and Gretchen said "No, you'd just blow it and end up in an apartment by yourself." She didn't seem to react to the fact he's thinking of a separation - just coldly letting him know she's not letting go of the bank book. Cooooold as ice. Why he's so in love with her, I can't understand. She is so CLEARLY all about the Benjamins.

And yes that Alicia girl - what, do reality 'stars' have agents now that place them on other reality shows? Creepy. She looked better with curly hair btw...

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I will have to give that a listen. It doesn't surprise me that Gretchen would think of the money first, and Danny... probably didn't think of him at all actually. I wonder if that financial arrangement would stand up in court if they do end up divorced.

Ok, Um... I had a little fun in Paint Shop Pro again

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    ...In this week's ep they were apparently discussing a what-if scenario of divorce. Danny said "Just give me a million dollars" and Gretchen said "No, you'd just blow it and end up in an apartment by yourself." She didn't seem to react to the fact he's thinking of a separation - just coldly letting him know she's not letting go of the bank book. Cooooold as ice. Why he's so in love with her, I can't understand. She is so CLEARLY all about the Benjamins...
    You could be right but I think she's cold to him to keep him from sucking her in.
    She's got to be strong and be ready for his next mess up and if she's too emotionally involved it's gonna hurt more.
    I think Danny's having to deal with a monster of his own making.

She needs therapy too, no question.
    I just don't think she's quite as evil as some of you seem to think she is.
    She would also have to provide for the kids.
    He sure isn't watching out for them.

Oh... about the cowgirl hats.
    I saw a bunch of them for sale at the mall.
    You don't think they would come back do you?
    (Shudder)!
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Totally funny!
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

DANNY AND GRETCHEN: A ROMANTIC DINNER...

______________________________ _________________________

Totally funny!
    Thank you, Nike. Heehee

Oh... about the cowgirl hats.
    Hmm...LOL. Gotta be a Photoshop op in there somewhere...
    Last edited by Brandy; 11-21-2005 at 03:39 PM.

That's brilliant Brandy. Too funny.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

FORT Newbie
    She may be cold now, but I don't know if it's in an effort not to let him "suck her in" again; Danny griped about their lack of sex life *years* ago, on his radio show. Joked too about counting up all the orgasms Gretchen's had with him and it totals 6 minutes, because he counts the fake ones too...

I don't know, maybe it's one of their "in-jokes"...or maybe not?

That KROQ radio station audio interview is linked from my site on the articles/interviews page, but since I'm new here, it won't let me include URLs in my posts yet. Let's just say it's allthings then a hyphen then bonaduce.

Great Photoshop work, you guys!

Cheers-
    CatsEye

+ Reply to Thread