+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

8/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Please keep all discussion of tonight’s show in this thread only until 1:00 a.m. Eastern.
    Thanks and enjoy the show.

Brats in da house!

Gee, I was surprised to come here and NOT see any "why is this a repeat" posts an hour ago.

Now I'm going to watch Rock Star. I'm taping this one.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Yup... Jada bugs me.

Okay, can somebody explain this to me? This was taped EONS ago... how long is the show planning to be on? Are they really going to keep all of these kids past Christmas?

I was so proud of Derek. I was shocked at how well he came out of the solo experience. It really made me proud when he took responsibility and said it was his own fault he was there. Three nights in the woods and the kid did a huge turn around. I think I'll take the kids camping this weekend.

Jada is wearing on my last nerve. I'm so glad that she told the camera her parents are "suckers". Now if there were any doubts in her parents minds about how manipulative she is, they should be gone. I got really ticked off at her when she didn't like her name. All the other kids, even tough Frank, were proud of their names. And proud of recieveing them. She is such a downer. I really hope she has a break through but I don't see it happening. I almost hope they keep her past Christmas. It might make her realise how important this is. She might start to take it more serious rather than just putting in time til she can escape.

FORT Newbie
    Jada completely disgusted me with today's episode. She is working so hard to get to go home the wrong way, you'd think if she directed half of that energy to looking inward she could accomplish so much more. Is there any question that her wimpy parents are a BIG part of their family's problem. They need to have a FAMILY BRAT CAMP and let the parents go too. In our litigious society do they honestly think the camp would still be functioning if they tortured kids or mistreated them to the point of abuse?!?!

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    [QUOTE=PigsWalkUpright] They need to have a FAMILY BRAT CAMP and let the parents go too. QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea becuase when the teens return home, if the environment is still the same as when they left, they will probably revert back to their old ways and behaviors. If the whole family participates, everyone involved can evolve and grow together. It's not so one sided and everyone benefits.

I guess one could argue - is it an indivdual problem (simply the teen) or is it a group (family breakdown) problem?
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    Jada is wearing on my last nerve. I'm so glad that she told the camera her parents are "suckers". Now if there were any doubts in her parents minds about how manipulative she is, they should be gone. I got really ticked off at her when she didn't like her name. All the other kids, even tough Frank, were proud of their names. And proud of recieveing them. She is such a downer. I really hope she has a break through but I don't see it happening.
    I'm afraid you're right, Nuf! I haven't watched the last couple of episodes because I just couldn't take her whining, and had hoped there would be some progress by now. If she doesn't make a turn around after the camp, perhaps she'll wake up when she has to watch herself on this show!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Regular
    I think it depends on the family.

You can get a good kid that comes from a bad family or a bad kid that comes from a good family. Most kids reflect their environment. But I've seen families where all the kids will be good responsible people and there's one kid that has just decided to rebel. I've seen other kids who come from situations where you think they don't have much of a chance and they manage to rise above it all. In the end, it's the individuals choice.

As for Jada's parents, you know if I had a kid that was writing me and saying they were freezing and wet...I'd be worried too. There have been stories about boot camps that have abused kids. I'm sure it's a scary thing to send your kids off to one of these and something you do when you're at the end of your rope.

Man, I really felt for Derek crying for his Mom. I could just imagine one of my kids out in the wilderness, alone, in winter, in absolute darkness. That really got to me (and no, I'm not an easy mom, I'm pretty strict, but I always tell them that I'm there for them).

I wonder if there are kids that go on this thing and end up looking at it as a traumatizing event and proof that their parents don't love them.

Jada really irritates me. She is one self centered spoiled bratty little girl who needs to have something done to bring her self centered butt to reality. Her parents are so easily fooled, they are idiots. Leave her out there for another couple of months I say. Then when she gets home, cut off all of her sources of fun/whatever and lock the little she devil in her room with no tv, radio, computer etc. OOOOHH I just wanted to smack her. *end rant*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh I hate Jada, she is such a idiot, she needs a real good reality check, I hope everyboy leave before she does, I hope she end up as the last one there
    Bubbles Tea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast