+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/27/05 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

"Fire Shaper" actually comes as close to raising his voice as any of the granola eaters ever have, after Isiah defies him with the fire making.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Dude, if they they told the kids they could light a bong from the fire they build they would have a fire going in about 30 seconds.

Shouldn't they be dancing around like Tom Hanks in "Castaway"?

Great. Give a pyro a NEW way to make fire. Genius.

Did they ever have some kind of team building exercise to cement the kids together? I haven't seen the previous epis. It's nice to have an instructor support you but I think it would be better hearing it from a peer.
    ]

Little Bear munches on some metaphorical granola especially loudly next to Dyslexic Nick after hours on end of firestarting failure, with some sage but cliched advice.

I find it odd that Nick's diagnosed dyslexia is affecting math skills done completely in his head. I suppose it's more than possible with written math, and maybe the lack of that inhibited him even trying to learn to do it in his head, but there's another very politically incorrect possibility--that Nick is BOTH dyslexic AND not that smart. I know from a clinical standpoint it's probably a dangerous idea to ever say that about a kid, but statistically, it's probably not all that uncommon.

I missed the first hour too, so I can't answer that. Based on the way they've been doing things, I would guess . . . NO.

Oops, that reply was to Onyx.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Dude, if they they told the kids they could light a bong from the fire they build they would have a fire going in about 30 seconds.
    Isn't that the truth. Here kid use your fire to light this bong. YESSIR! --bow bow bow...fire in 4 seconds....... Yeah man!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Little Bear munches on some metaphorical granola especially loudly next to Dyslexic Nick after hours on end of firestarting failure, with some sage but cliched advice.

I find it odd that Nick's diagnosed dyslexia is affecting math skills done completely in his head. I suppose it's more than possible with written math, and maybe the lack of that inhibited him even trying to learn to do it in his head, but there's another very politically incorrect possibility--that Nick is BOTH dyslexic AND not that smart. I know from a clinical standpoint it's probably a dangerous idea to ever say that about a kid, but statistically, it's probably not all that uncommon.
    He probably can't do mathin his head, as most schools have let them use calculators for the last 20 years or so, therefore he probably can't use a calc either. But I think he's a smart kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Some people are physically UNABLE to get ready in five minutes! Ask how I know? My constant failure at that would not build my self-confidence, it would erode it. I don't get how they think this helps. Fast yes, but five minutes?

Well then MS Van Pelt, that means you'll keep your true love schroder waiting all the time, what about his esteem?
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-27-2005 at 11:26 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I have a question about the episode that I'm hoping someone can answer. When Lauren was reminiscing about her dad, there was a beautiful song playing. Something about "Can I hold you tight and say good-bye to the memories of you and I" Does anyone know the title and artist of that song? The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. I must say that that whole segment had me in tears. I lost my own dad in 1989 and I still have a hard time when the anniversary comes around. I just passed the anniversary on July 11th. 16 years. I can totally relate to Lauren except I'm not a teen.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'll see if I can glean the song info from the credits when I watch the show again tonight while writing my recap.

Maybe checkout ABC's website....maybe they have a "songs heard on Brat Camp" page just like WB has for Smallville or any of their other shows.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast