+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 7/20/05 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'd like to add my rant about the "Blizzard". PUH-LEASE!

That was, what my city up in the land of the great white north, would call a SPRING SHOWER!!!

-40, digging your car out from 15 inches of snow, with 45 mph winds, on a Wednesday morning at 7am. That is normal.

Now let me describe a blizzard............
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Hey Gabriel, I'm in Wisconsin too (Madison and spent my childhood in the northern part of the state) -- the snow was pathetic.

They just change the Birch to Bitch and then someone has to come along and fix the sign. {sigh} Oh children, you as SO HILARIOUS. Not.
    Lucy Van Pelt. Some idiot named the development next to the one my mother lives in Sexton Mountain. The "t" routinely disappears.

For such a deadly blizzard I saw all of was 5 inches of snow on the ground and in the last mile it quit snowing. That and it is only 17 degrees. I've been skiing in Quebec at 20 below. I think these kids are still whinning way too much.

What really bothers me is that sugary sweet narration. It must stop. Or change it up somehow.

Nice to see some bonding.

Although if any of the kids did run away and if by some miracle got a ride. How would they get home? No money? Also who knows what will happen? Probably get a ride with a serial killer and the body will never be found. Or the locals know about Sagewalk and either return the kid or deliver them to the local cops. I mean it sounds great to escape but do these kids even know where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Lucy Van Pelt. Some idiot named the development next to the one my mother lives in Sexton Mountain. The "t" routinely disappears.
    Got a couple others for you, ones I actually thought were funny. When I was a kid, there were great big letters that said "SHELL --> One Block". Unfortunately for them, the letters were removable, and the S disappeared regularly. Eventually, they just painted on the S.

My cousin went to Stout University (now part of the Univ. of Wisconsin System). One of the buildings was named Fleming Hall. The kids moved the letters and made it Flaming Hell. I thought that was rather clever!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    For such a deadly blizzard I saw all of was 5 inches of snow on the ground and in the last mile it quit snowing. That and it is only 17 degrees. I've been skiing in Quebec at 20 below. I think these kids are still whinning way too much.
    you thibnk skiing in it is bad.. i live in Ontario Canada, our winters sometimes get to about -30 C! And although i am still in my teens i have been in many snowstorms where the snow is ver 4 feet... and school wasn't cancelled. Both my parents worked so i walked to school everyday no matter what the weather was like.. then there are the hail storms, and then there is summer it get about 30+ C and i know many places have it much worse in the summer we go from freezing cold to schorching heat...I love it here in Canada and i love snow, but sometimes it is just too much!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345