+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Isaiah

  1. #1
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Isaiah




    17, Winton, CA

    Isaiah is an angry punk rocker who smokes, drinks and has an obsession with fire.
    Isaiah is verbally abusive towards his mother and blames her for his parents' divorce.
    He's defiant and bitter, and is constantly getting into fist fights at school, especially with the 'jocks.'
    Isaiah's mother sent him to SageWalk to learn how to deal with his anger issues.

  2. #2
    JESSICA: #1 AntmSTarTa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    1,233
    For him, I dont think that he's the one that needs the help, it's the "jocks" that need it the most. It happens in my school too, the jocks think they're better than everyone and they start trouble with everyone too. About the smoking, drinking, and obsessing with fire, sounds like a normal teenager to me

  3. #3
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    For him, I dont think that he's the one that needs the help, it's the "jocks" that need it the most. It happens in my school too, the jocks think they're better than everyone and they start trouble with everyone too. About the smoking, drinking, and obsessing with fire, sounds like a normal teenager to me
    No, it's his fault. He can choose who he wants to associate and fight with. If the jocks were going out of their way to start trouble, the best path for him would have been to just ignore them or go tell the nearest teacher, NOT to fight them.

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityTV_hater
    No, it's his fault. He can choose who he wants to associate and fight with. If the jocks were going out of their way to start trouble, the best path for him would have been to just ignore them or go tell the nearest teacher, NOT to fight them.
    I wouldn't ignore the "jocks." It's the one problem I have with what happened with Columbine. You don't react randomly if you have a problem with the athletes finish it with them.

  5. #5
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NB, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I wouldn't ignore the "jocks." It's the one problem I have with what happened with Columbine. You don't react randomly if you have a problem with the athletes finish it with them.
    Somehow, I don't think that in the Columbine situation that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (don't quote me on the spelling) would have "finished it" with the "jocks" in an appropriate way. I really cannot have seen that situation turning out much different than it did. Kids who don't have deeper internal problems don't take guns and bombs to school. The Columbine shooters were obviously deeply affected and poorly supervised. Everyone gets picked on. Not everyone "fights back" or takes arms to school and shoots down innocents.

  6. #6
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,937
    Boy, he got on my nerves during the hike last night. Thinking that 'fear' will make everyone walk faster and also wanting to punch the counselor for simply talking to him.
    The counselor was right, how is it even FEASIBLE to get into a fight every single day unless you're provoking them!?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  7. #7
    Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On earth.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    84
    I'd personally like to know what the hell being a "punk rocker" has to do with anything. Do the rest of the family listen to nothing but easy-listening? Did the mom suddenly come into his room and catch him listening to Rancid or Dropkick Murphys or Sex Pistols or The Clash? "OHMYGOD those horrible satanic lyrics! Aaaaahhh!" I watched this last night for the first time and when he appeared on-screen with the words "Angry Punk" under his name I almost snorted milk out my nose.

    Isaiah's Mom (on phone): You gotta help me! I just caught my son listening to Dead Kennedys!
    Sage-whatever-that-place-is-called counselor: Don't panic ma'am, when we get through with him, he'll only want to buy Yanni and John Denver CDs.
    Mom: Oh, thank ... thank God! *starts sobbing*
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

  8. #8
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,937
    That's great MysticalChicken, & so true!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  9. #9
    Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    Age
    43
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalChicken
    Isaiah's Mom (on phone): You gotta help me! I just caught my son listening to Dead Kennedys!
    Sage-whatever-that-place-is-called counselor: Don't panic ma'am, when we get through with him, he'll only want to buy Yanni and John Denver CDs.
    Mom: Oh, thank ... thank God! *starts sobbing*
    Too hilarious. This is almost dead on for the conversations my mother had with church leaders, etc. when I was a teenager. Just replace the DKs with something like The Sisters of Mercy.

    In Isaiah's defense - he may not be instigating all of those daily fights. I had friends in high school who got shoved into the bushes nearly every single day. And usually the types of pinhead bullies who practice that behaviour are only egged on if someone fights back. Yes - he may be exacerbating it with his in-your-face attitude, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is picking the fights.

  10. #10
    Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On earth.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    84
    I forgot to say that I listen to punk music (along with alternative and new-wave) and I'm perfectly normal-looking. I don't start fights, my hair is my normal color (although I'd like to dye it black), I have no piercings, except for my ears, and I don't even wear earrings since they make my ears itch. No tattoos either.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.