+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexie

Lexie

17, St. Helena, CA.

Lexie used to be a good girl who rode horses and excelled in school, but when she was 11, Lexie was molested by someone she trusted.
    She has since suffered from depression, become verbally abusive toward her parents, given up horseback riding and started failing in school.
    Lexie's parents sent her to SageWalk hoping she'll learn to deal with the secret that still haunts her.

I hate hearing stories like hers - happens all too often. I hope she's able to get over her feelings of guilt and betrayal!

She's not a bad girl at all. It's not her fault that she became like this, it's the molester's fault! She doesnt seems like an abnormal teenager, arguing with parents, failing school, and she was depressed for a while, everyone goes through that once in their life.

Sending her to this kind of camp, because she's having problems dealing with being molested just doesn't seem right to me. She should be in some kind of group therapy with others who have had the same terrible experience.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    So the parents waited SIX years to address the molestation issue?? By sending her to camp? Hmmm.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    Sending her to this kind of camp, because she's having problems dealing with being molested just doesn't seem right to me. She should be in some kind of group therapy with others who have had the same terrible experience.
    totally agree Bambi, her parents seemed to have handled this all wrong and I feel so bad for her
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

In my opinion this girl is in a downward spiral due to depression. She's need a good therapist and support group from others who've been through this tragedy.

Perhaps we're not hearing the whole story?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    She's not a bad girl at all. It's not her fault that she became like this, it's the molester's fault!
    No, it's her fault. You can choose how you're going to come off an experience like she had. You can use being molested as an excuse to sink to the bottom, or you can rise up from it and become a stronger person.
    Last edited by RealityTV_hater; 07-15-2005 at 03:17 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lmelville
    In my opinion this girl is in a downward spiral due to depression. She's need a good therapist and support group from others who've been through this tragedy. Perhaps we're not hearing the whole story?
    I think the therapy will come after this camp. This will just be the beginning of her healing process. I'm rooting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    She's not a bad girl at all. It's not her fault that she became like this, it's the molester's fault! She doesnt seems like an abnormal teenager, arguing with parents, failing school, and she was depressed for a while, everyone goes through that once in their life.
    I agree. She doesn't seem like a brat to me. Just a nice person who experienced something traumatic.

As others here said, I think group therapy would be a better place for her.

I wonder if the producers would be willing to do a show on parents who don't have a clue?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast