+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heather

FORT Fogey
    I am a little worried about Heather leaving so soon. There were signs that would raise red flags for me:
    -When she called her bad-influence friends her "air"
    -A counselor's observation that she is the most closed-off of the group
    -Her unemotional talk to the empty chair
    -Her unemotional reunion with her aunt and uncle

To me, she seems as if she is simply putting on an act so that she can go home. I don't think I ever recall seeing her cry. She has got to be experiencing tremendous emotional turmoil about her mother. I'm sure the camp had their reasons for believing she will do well. I hope they are right. Heather is adorable, and like all the kids, she has so much to contribute!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    I am a little worried about Heather leaving so soon. There were signs that would raise red flags for me:
    -When she called her bad-influence friends her "air"
    -A counselor's observation that she is the most closed-off of the group
    -Her unemotional talk to the empty chair
    -Her unemotional reunion with her aunt and uncle

To me, she seems as if she is simply putting on an act so that she can go home. I don't think I ever recall seeing her cry. She has got to be experiencing tremendous emotional turmoil about her mother. I'm sure the camp had their reasons for believing she will do well. I hope they are right. Heather is adorable, and like all the kids, she has so much to contribute!
    I was surprised that she was allowed to go home. She seemed very agreeable about the boarding school so maybe she'd had a change of heart re: her friends. I did find her empty chair talk a little unemotional -- like she was embarrassed to have to be doing it. She seems like she goes through the motions, and that's it.

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcina
    I was surprised that she was allowed to go home. She seemed very agreeable about the boarding school so maybe she'd had a change of heart re: her friends. I did find her empty chair talk a little unemotional -- like she was embarrassed to have to be doing it. She seems like she goes through the motions, and that's it.
    I think one of the biggest decisions for sending her home was her going to boarding school - as you said above. I am sure she started right after the holidays & they figured this will continue her in the right direction. I see that Lexie is also going to boarding school (however I think she made larger strides - yet she had very different issue to deal with).
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

I was suprised when they said Heather could go home. But then she turned around and said all the right things. I was really proud when they told her she'd be going to bording school and she said "good". And went on to say she needs new friends and to quit living the life she's leading.
    I was crying at her reunion. All three of them were crying. I really like the uncle. I think out of all the parents hers are the most aware.

FORT Newbie
    Its more noticable w/o her glasses but have you noticed how set apart Heathers eyes are? Don't get me wrong, she's a pretty girl, but with her bio mother's history I wonder if she was born w/ Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

FORT Fan
    Being that her mother is a crackhead whos been in a coma for the last 12 years, It's very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by PigsWalkUpright
    Its more noticable w/o her glasses but have you noticed how set apart Heathers eyes are? Don't get me wrong, she's a pretty girl, but with her bio mother's history I wonder if she was born w/ Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
    Someone having wide set eyes means fetal alcohol syndrome? Jacqueline Kennedy had eyes that were set a bit apart as did her father.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PigsWalkUpright
    i didn't know that wide set eyes is a symtom of FAS. But my bestfriend (whois also my nextdoor neighbour and a sister to me) has an adoptes cousin who has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and her eyes arn't wide set but her behaviour is that of a 7 year old and she is 14, so i dont think that she had FAS but it is Fetal ALCOHOL Syndrome not Fetal COCAIN Syndrome, i am just saying

FORT Newbie
    o yeah and by the way yah she is hug over the first day she got there she was hungover and had hickies all over her neck because she was out parting cause she didn't know she would wake up to be put on a plane sent from her home to go to a winderness camp like SageWalk

FORT Newbie

Heather

[QUOTE=starlett;1510139]I'm sure if she wanted to stop she could.. She's 16. She'll realize soon enough that it's the wrong thing (for her) to do.

I grew up with Heathers Biological mom, Shes been in a herion induced coma for over 15 years, We always hoped she'd "realize soon enough that it was wrong" too...Unfortunetly she didnt.I comend Heather for her hard work to change the pattern!! Im proud of her!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast