+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn

Shawn

17, Irvine, CA.

Shawn has been struggling with drug abuse for several years.
    He admits to stealing from his own mother to buy drugs, and is constantly truant from school.
    Shawn's parents believe his problems stem from the fact that he was adopted, and they sent him to SageWalk hoping that he'll learn to face his abandonment issues and gain self-esteem.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I think this kid is going to be the toughest.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Plain and simple a dope on dope. No ambition whatsoever...

FORT Newbie
    At least he's good-looking. But looks won't get you anywhere in this world.

They blame his drug abuse on being adopted?that seems like kind of a stretch to me.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

FORT Regular
    I would buy it, Salty Babe. Can you imagine knowing that the parents who created you just didn't want you so they dumped you on someone else? That would make me pretty resentful and bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe
    They blame his drug abuse on being adopted?that seems like kind of a stretch to me.
    If his parents blame it on his adopted-ness, then theres a problem with the adopted parents. They are his parents now, they raised him, and if they blame it on everyone else, they're not good people. I'd say we send the parents to Boot Camp. Those parents, now that I think about it, are worse than the kid. It's their fault IMO.

Most of the people I've know who were adopted have had problems and issues with the fact that they were given up by their parents. I've seen them deal with it different ways. Some don't seem to care much, for others, it seems to define them. In fact, two of them were adopted by the same couple. They took it differently, despite each of them never knowing any other parents (or fosters). So I don't think you can blame it on the parents, certainly not in ALL cases. If his adoption is what he is focusing on, and blaming for everything, is it surprising his family thinks its a big issue for him?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    He sure did tug at my heart strings last night. He had to be told so many times that his 'parents' wanted him back after camp...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    Theres no way he can use his adoptivness as an excuse for doing drugs and acting the way he does. My mom was a crackhead.. use to leave us alone at night when we were babies until finally my dad stepped in and got us out. My mom decided she didn't want anything to do with us anymore so she left. I was 3 then, havent saw her since.. my dad is still so hurt he refuses to socialize with women. I have had no female-figure and i never turned to drugs or alchohol for that reason. If he's gonna try and blame it on something, he should try and find something that woulden't hurt his (Adoptive) parents as much as that probally did. If i adopted a kid and they said that, i would be heart-torn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast