+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shawn

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by starlett
    Theres no way he can use his adoptivness as an excuse for doing drugs and acting the way he does. My mom was a crackhead.. use to leave us alone at night when we were babies until finally my dad stepped in and got us out. My mom decided she didn't want anything to do with us anymore so she left. I was 3 then, havent saw her since.. my dad is still so hurt he refuses to socialize with women. I have had no female-figure and i never turned to drugs or alchohol for that reason. If he's gonna try and blame it on something, he should try and find something that woulden't hurt his (Adoptive) parents as much as that probally did. If i adopted a kid and they said that, i would be heart-torn.
    I agree with Lucy, different people definitely react to the same situations differently depending on their personality. So while your story is inspiring and should set an example for all adopted children, it unfortunately does not go that way for all.

There is a time when people have to stop blaming home life, etc on the way that they are, but it isn't always when you're 17.

i feel sorry for him but he doesnt seem like he wants to get better either

FORT Newbie

brat camp

I feel so bad for him he thinks he not wanted at all not even by his parents that adopted him. I wud like to know when he was given up for adoption like if he was a baby or much older it wud be alot harder to deal with if he was like 10 or so ....tomorrows episode looks so sad hes like crying and sayin sometime he wished his mom never gotton pregnant

FORT Newbie
    Theres no way he can use his adoptivness as an excuse for doing drugs and acting the way he does. My mom was a crackhead.. use to leave us alone at night when we were babies until finally my dad stepped in and got us out. My mom decided she didn't want anything to do with us anymore so she left. I was 3 then, havent saw her since.. my dad is still so hurt he refuses to socialize with women. I have had no female-figure and i never turned to drugs or alchohol for that reason. If he's gonna try and blame it on something, he should try and find something that woulden't hurt his (Adoptive) parents as much as that probally did. If i adopted a kid and they said that, i would be heart-torn.
    i think he does want to get better and he wnats to love his adoptive parents but when you are in so much pain you do anything to get away from it, whether it is emotional pain or physical... i had an operation a few months ago and i did whatever it toook to get the drugs to ease the pain and i think that is what he is doing.. it is the same as lauren but she didnt get adopted but she did lose a parent... and yeah he said he wished hi mother never got pregnant so that he wouldn't have been around to screw up everybody elses live whick isn't true.. cause to his adoptive parnets, he is a mirical...and he's gorgous!! Oh and by the way starlett our story is inspiring but how would you feel if you didn't have a dad there to take you out of the home and your mother just dumped you.. i would be crushed but i donno people are different.. why do you think so may people are alcoholics?? because of the emotical pain/ stress

FORT Fogey

Everyone responds to things differently. Studeis show that many adopted kids have a terribly difficult time. They say things just like Shawn did - i.e. they felt that they were unwanted by their own parent.

Heather's issues were related to her mother who is in a coma after a drug overdose. Her feelings are similar. She said that she feels her mom loved the drugs more than she loved her.

In both cases, the child is receiving a message that the parents had something else in their lives that was more important to them than their own children. Drugs or adoption - either way, the net effect is the same on the child.

For whatever reason, some people handle the situation better than others. Shawn feels as if he's been abaonded, and in no way, shape, or form should his pain be minimized.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    in no way, shape, or form should his pain be minimized.
    This is so true when you have a head ache you take advil so when you are completely crushed what else do you ahve to do, the adoption was his headache and the drugs are his advil, simple as that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12