+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick

FORT Newbie
    i'm really happy to hear that..
    nick's a good model for me now.
    i'm really happy to hear that he's doing well.
    i really hope they show a special episode on how the kids are doing.
    i was really, really happy when he got to go home though i want to see more of him...

Im so proud of him! aww! go nick!

FORT Newbie
    do u really think that they will show a special episode?

Probably not. They should though. I don't know what the ratings are but doesn't seem like a lot of people are watching. So the kids probably aren't popular enough to get an update episode. We'll have to watch for their local news to do stories on them.

I think this show was great for Nick-he shouldn't have been here. Although I don't condone knife wielding, his brother should have been here for bullying. Sometime you have to look at the underlying problems/conditions before finding the solution.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe his brother should be on the next season of Brat camp. They don't really show them on local news in my area.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I think this show was great for Nick-he shouldn't have been here. Although I don't condone knife wielding, his brother should have been here for bullying. Sometime you have to look at the underlying problems/conditions before finding the solution.
    I agree Famita about this..

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I was proud for Nick. He is such a cute kid. I hope Sagewalk helped him. I wouldn't be holding my breath for him and his brother to reconcile. They're at that age when you don't like your family. Probably be best friends when they're adults.

One thing I think is funny reading this thread. No one thought it was a big deal when Nick chased his brother with a knife and stabbed the bathroom door. But think his brother should be at Sagewalk for calling Nick stupid. I think my kids average 15 times a day at least on calling each other stupid.
    To each his/her own. I never allowed my kids to call anyone - including each other - stupid. It is a very hurtful word, and this was just a rule we had - and still have - in our house. By using the word, one assumes the person being called stupid IS stupid. However, as Nick exemplifies, learning difficulties could be the result of so many other things, e.g. dyslexia, missing out on school to help at home etc.

There is no need for use of this very hurtful word, and I don't understand why parents allow their children to use it.

I don't "allow" my kids to use it. But I hear this all the time in my house. "Get out of my room stupid!" "Why did you use my ball when I told you not to stupid" I am constantly having to break up small arguments like that. To me its normal sibling squabbleing. If someone was to ask any of my kids do they really think they're brother/sister is stupid they would all say no.

But let one of my kids pull a knife on the other and we are going to be having some serious family discussions. None of them would be left wondering if it was ok to do that.

FORT Fogey
    I suppose. And maybe I take this stuff too seriously. But....if I ever heard it from my kids - even in a joking manner, I would call them on it the moment I heard it.

It doesn't take much for a parent to interject and explain how offensive certain words are (and other commonly used words such as ugly, fat, retarded, gay, etc.) are. It's easy for an adult to let that stuff roll off our shoulders but not for a young child.

No good can come from the use of these words - only pain. Even in mild cases of sibling rivalry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast