+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Jada

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    hmmm, and what body parts would those be Marley?
    Well um... well you know... those parts.

Seriously, I just wanted to smack both her parents. It's almost understandable why Jada has turned out to be such a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by messyme
    Isn't that how most children are, they manipulate their parents and the parents spoil them rotten? It's just maybe in this case, they have more money to play with and get their daughter out of bad situations. As a result the spoiled child has more and more leeway to do whatever they please, with little or no consequences.
    No it isn't how most children are but boy it seems that way in today's world. My kids couldn't stand her on the show, said she was clueless. She was. She is the type of person who will never see anyone's side but her own. She isn't capable. I see a grown-up version of her in many reality shows!! To update her story, I work with a person who went to high school with her mom and said that her mom was a spoiled girls too so she probably has no clue how to raise her daughter. Blind leading the blind!! It is sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by messyme
    Isn't that how most children are, they manipulate their parents and the parents spoil them rotten? It's just maybe in this case, they have more money to play with and get their daughter out of bad situations. As a result the spoiled child has more and more leeway to do whatever they please, with little or no consequences.
    Not in my family it wasn't. Nor was it that way with any of my friends. I'm the first to admit that I was spoiled as a child... still am (at 36!). BUT, I also never would have disrespected my parents (or anyone else) the way Jada does. I was a good girl - came home by curfew, didn't sneak out, didn't talk back (too much) and certainly didn't steal money and buy drugs with it. I was raised to respect my parents and had to follow the rules of the house.

Jada's parents don't spoil her, they allow her to bully them. They have zero parenting skills and are "ruining" their daughter. By not giving her any boundaries or teaching her discipline, they are setting her up to fail. What employer is going to want to deal with her?

Jada's behavior may still be considered "cute" or "cool" by her friends but in 10 years, no one is going to want to deal with that cr@p. If she's still acting this way as an adult, she will find herself all alone.... or still sponging off her clueless parents.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

If you do a google on Jada and Karyn Chabot, you find that her mom has a "Sacred Stones" website. (One of the pdf files says the photos by "Jada and Karyn Chabot", so I know we've got the right mom.)

Hey, I could be totally wrong, but my suspicion is that Mom, a New Age-y type (not that there's anything wrong with that per se), and Mr. Chabot felt they would be stifling their child's spirit by setting boundaries as she was growing up. They wanted her to experience her world free of nasty ol' limits, so she could be free to explore her inner Jada, etc. Rather than disciplining with concrete unpleasant consequences for inappropriate behavior--no dessert, no cell phone, etc.--they probably were fairly tolerant and just tried to talk things out, like Jada was an adult instead of a kid who actually needs to experience a consequence for wrong behavior. And if there was a consequence, again, I suspect they tried hard not to make it too tough so as not to "crush Jada's spirit".

I assume the Chabots generally lean toward being permissive as a life philosphy, and as I've said before, I think that's a comfort zone they're not too keen on stepping out of.

Again, all just my conjecture.

Uh HUH .. now the pieces come together. at the website it says that Karyn is the mother of a 16 year old PRINCESS...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    And her mother sits there and says she doesn't know what is going to become of that girl. There's a woman who needs to grow a spine. And daddy needs to grow a couple of other body parts.
    This is why I think spanking a child should always be done, or some sort of negative reinforcement to the same effect. My parent's never hesitated to put the fear of God in us, and I must say we were pretty well behaved, albeit we did become teenagers and test our limits, but who doesn't? The difference is, when kids like me pushed our limits, we were pulled right back down to earth, but apparently Jada's parents are letting her orbit space.

FORT Fogey
    I'm of the positive reinforcement philosophy myself.

I HATE JADA, Errrr..she has problems!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678