+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jada

FORT Fogey
    Jada concludes by saying the boarding school she went to after leaving Sagewalk didn't work out for her. They didn't allow cell phones, and something else (can't recall what).

So what do her parents do? They let her out (or did she get kicked out) and now she goes to publick schools.

Duh! She cries, and her parents come running. They don't know or understand the concept of tough love.

It is apparent to me (well, based on on the smidgen I saw on the show) that the parents are the one's who really, really, really need to get counseling. They have to learn HOW to be parents.

I know this sounds silly, but I think they need an extended visit from Nanny 911. Seriously.

I wonder if her Sagewalk classmantes keep in touch, and what they think about the situation.
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-25-2005 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    Jada concludes by saying the boarding school she went to after leaving Sagewalk didn't work out for her. They didn't allow cell phones, and something else (can't recall what).
    No Internet was the other one. Poor Jada wada. This girl is hopeless. Maybe she should spend this winter at BOOT camp, along with her clueless parents.

FORT Newbie
    Jada is not the ONLY PROBLEM in that family. Her parents need just as much mental help as she does after all it is THEM who have tolerated her B.S. for the last 15 year. I can't believe they have taken her out of 2 boarding schools and 9 private schools.

Can you imagine the money this slimy brat has cost them? This "child" needs some tough love, send her to boarding school and tell her she is NOT WELCOME home until she graduates from it. No paying cell phone bills, no credit cards for new clothes, and if the parents give in, then THEY deserve to loose all the money this kid is going to continually cost them in the next few years.

I can't believe that once the parents saw the show, how she laughed in their faces on national TV and admitted she manipulated them, that they even took her back home. I was sick at seeing the father tear up at the end, when that spoiled brat was sobbing like a 2 year old when she was running to them, thinking all the way that she was done and could get back to her self-absorbed life.

Maybe it's time for Dr. Phil to slap some sense into these parents.
    Last edited by Handyman; 08-25-2005 at 11:39 AM.

Premium Member
    And her mother sits there and says she doesn't know what is going to become of that girl. There's a woman who needs to grow a spine. And daddy needs to grow a couple of other body parts.

FORT Newbie
    I just can't believe after watching the show that the counselors let her graduate. She still had so much work to do and they knew it. Jada hasn't hit the bottom yet and until she does she's not going to get better. Jada definately knows how to work her parents over.

I think Jada 'graduated' simply because her time was up. Perhaps they should have insisted she stick around through another group's journey, but maybe there were some other circumstances that forced them to release her? Nonetheless, I have to believe there was quite a bit of discussion between the counselors and Jada's parents that wasn't shown. Certainly they advised them that she still had a long way to go.

As a parent, it bugs the heck out of me to see spineless parents like Jada's. A parent is not doing their children any favors by letting them slack through life, doing as they please, when they please, with no accountability for their actions. They have raised her believing the world will always make an exception for her, and one day she will find it is just not so. What a shock it will be to her to discover that not everyone falls for the sobbing and wailing.
    Last edited by roseskid; 08-25-2005 at 01:17 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

They have raised her believing the world will always make an exception for her, and one day she will find it is just not so.
    I sadly must disagree. She will find a way to use and manipulate other people to get what she wants most of the time. And if one person calls her bluff, she'll just find some other poor shlub who doesn't see through her lies.

And if that doesn't work, or she gets into a jam, I bet she'll turn on the waterworks and hysterics and Mommy and Daddy will bail her out.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    I sadly must disagree. She will find a way to use and manipulate other people to get what she wants most of the time. And if one person calls her bluff, she'll just find some other poor shlub who doesn't see through her lies.

And if that doesn't work, or she gets into a jam, I bet she'll turn on the waterworks and hysterics and Mommy and Daddy will bail her out.
    Isn't that how most children are, they manipulate their parents and the parents spoil them rotten? It's just maybe in this case, they have more money to play with and get their daughter out of bad situations. As a result the spoiled child has more and more leeway to do whatever they please, with little or no consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    And her mother sits there and says she doesn't know what is going to become of that girl. There's a woman who needs to grow a spine. And daddy needs to grow a couple of other body parts.
    hmmm, and what body parts would those be Marley?
    These two people are clueless as to being parents, I bet they are just so wrapped up in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer

I agree 100%, I see people doing that same thing, get in a jam someone helps, another mess sorry can't help, goes to someone else and so on and so forth....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by messyme
    Isn't that how most children are, they manipulate their parents and the parents spoil them rotten?

I don't think so....I don't think this is how most children are. I have two of my own (now grown up and launched) and while one of them required more attention to make sure he made it to adulthood successfully....he was not like this.

I think kids that are self-destructive needs their parents go to Parent Camp. These kids need more than a walk in the mountains. They need a different way of living once they get home...different parent strategies...parents plugged in....
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast