+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jada

FORT Newbie
    It's so funny how people say that they were misinterpreted. Huh? Did you say what you said? It's horrible no matter what the context. She is definitely a brat! I couldn't believe how she said that she could fool her parents. Of course, they were very gullible.

FORT Fogey
    I know this is harsh and I know it is extremly unfair of me to cast judgement since all I know is what I see on tv which is miniscule and probably heavily edited. But IMHO, out of all the kids on the show, Jada is the most twisted. But I don't blame her. IMHO again, I think her neither of her parents are any good. It appears that Jada never got the love and attention she needs and that her parents (esp. the mohter) are all about pretenses.

I hope she pulls it together.

After watching this last episode, I had an image of Jada, all alone with the counselors at SageWalk in May! Obviously, based on info in the article posted above, she does get to leave earlier than that, but I have to wonder if she actually makes a real break-through or if they just graduate her to finish the show up.

It seems to me like she has no intention of doing any actual personal growth. She just wants to know what she has to say/do to get them to let her go home. If her latest escapade is any indication, she needs another stint at SageWalk. She sounds like the same self-involved brat that she was at the beginning of the show. That act may have worked when she was 10, but it's wearing thin now. If she's still pulling this cr@p at 18 and beyond, no one will want anything to do with her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never liked her... especially after her letter to her parents "They're torturing me here Mom!" and then her parents seriously thought about disenrolling her.

This kid needs to go to boot camp... not Sagewalk, I mean United States Marine boot camp. I bet no drill sergentant will put up with The Phantom Dooker

As much as it seems we are dumping on the dookie queen, I feel she deserves it. Maybe she will be the first "repeater"...if they do the show again. I couldn't believe how naive her parents seemed. I mean, they send her there because she is a habitual liar (and druggie, etc), and when she writes how horrible it is and she's freezing and is miserable, AND they chose to believe her...HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE??? They deserve the daughter they're raising. I hope they have good insurance! If she continues the way she has been, they'll definitely need it!!!

Well, in all fairness, we don't get to see what type of counseling the families of these kids get while the kids themselves are doing the program. And I think (though I'm not 100 percent sure) that SW does provide counseling to the parents.

IMHO, ABC does us a disservice by not showing segments (maybe a special half-hour episode?) where we see the counselors dealing with the parents. Now that would be enlightening and interesting to watch. It might help viewers who have problems with their own kids (much like SuperNanny gives out tips on child rearing). And it would demonstrate the complexity of these situations and what it takes to resolve them.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    IMHO, ABC does us a disservice by not showing segments (maybe a special half-hour episode?) where we see the counselors dealing with the parents. Now that would be enlightening and interesting to watch. It might help viewers who have problems with their own kids (much like SuperNanny gives out tips on child rearing). And it would demonstrate the complexity of these situations and what it takes to resolve them.
    I agree! Unless a child has some sort of neurological or chemical imbalance that parenting techniques can't fix, it seems to me, the burden of responsibility falls with the parents.

I saw a documentary about teens which talked about how the physical development of their brains impacts their decision-making (i.e. behavior) ability. I can't recall the details but something about the frontal lobe of a child's brain isn't completely formed until around 20 yrs or so. The frontal lobe is the decision-making region of the brain.

The theory was that kids don't have the capacity to reason decisions the way adults do. Comments like "You have to get direction in your life" etc. don't work for a child whose decision-making capabilities aren't fully formed.

Developing good decision-making skills requires a parent to guide and nurture a child as they develop.

FORT Newbie
    i hope jada can get her act together and stop complaining about everyhting and when she wrote the letter to her parenst saying her hair was falling out WOAH talk about drama, but what was worse was that her mother believed her... her mother was probably the same way seh was and was brought up as a spoiled little princess and so she didn;t know any other parenting so she did exactly the same as she did thus creating a visious cycle.. it is the same with abused children, they grow up to be abusive parents and have abused chilren who grow up and repeat the cycle!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Her camp name should be changed to Looking wrong way Cuckoo bird.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    i can't believe she was complaining about it what an ungreatful bitch!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast