+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jada

Email Archives
    Print Reprint

August 8, 2005 -- ONE of the "Brat Camp" kids reverted to form last week and is now charged with seriously injuring a Boston family in a speedboat accident.

Jada Chabot, 15, who is one of nine troublemakers on the hit reality series "Brat Camp," was driving the boat when it slammed into an inflatable craft on a lake, sending two sisters to the hospital.

"I thought we were all gonna die," said Agenor Moraes, the injured girls' father, when he saw Chabot's boat speeding toward his family.

The "Brat Camp" grad was dragging her boyfriend behind the boat on a knee board at the time.

"She was look ing at the guy she was pulling around," said Moraes. "He yelled at her to watch, but she just kept looking at him."

"This is the biggest shock of my life," Chabot told a reporter for the Boston Herald in an interview outside her parents' lakefront home. "I could have killed seven people. I feel so embarrassed just walking around town."

Police charged Chabot with, among other things, negligent operation of a boat.

Jada is described on the show as a "compulsive liar who is always making excuses."

"She has dropped out of two boarding schools and nine private schools in the last six years," says the show's Web site. "Instead of going to school, she throws parties and experiments with sex, drugs and alcohol."

She is one of a group of hard-to-discipline kids who were put into a wilderness survival program intended to break them down and solve their problems.

The show was taped over the winter in Oregon. Post staff writer
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/51008.htm

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i heard about this on the radio this morning, but is the new york post a reliable source?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    i heard about this on the radio this morning, but is the new york post a reliable source?
    It was first posted in this thread here on August 6th.

In that article about the speedboat accident, Jada complains about how the show portrayed her as a brat who only cares about herself. You'll notice that she doesn't express any remorse for what she did, all she says is that she was so embarrassed to walk down the street. Wow, sorry you've been embarrassed, kiddo. I'm sure the girl you put in the hospital would trade places with you.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Saying sorry just isn't enough!!!

wow, this is the 1st I've heard of this, very scary. Jada is very self absorbed, I doubt she can feel much for anyone except herself. I've warmed up to all the kids on the show except her. She's a real brat imho, she doesn't even seem to care about her family.
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

FORT Fan
    As a mother of two emotionally disturbed children, I have one question ...

Why in the world was this girl out driving a speedboat by herself? She obviously has many issues, and I don't care if she showed some improvement, there is no way she should have been driving that speedboat (unless a parent was there). It is too much responsibility.

IMHO whoever allowed her to take that boat is just as much to blame.

don't you have to be 16 to drive a boat? also I know that if someone is driving and someone is behind the boat skiing, tubing or whatever another person must be in the boat with an orange flag to let others know when the person behind the boat is in the water.
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

FORT Fan
    Jada is 16

Premium Member
    She's in "Brat Camp" and she complains that the producers wrongly portrayed her as being a "brat"? Sounds like she needs to go back and start over until she learns something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast